Nuggets 2.0

Advertisement
Looks like my dream LB combo of Flagg and Smith is coming true. Disappointed that Frierson came in out of shape. He was the most consistent guy in the back seven last year. Hopefully he gets it together in time for fall. Or maybe Chase Smith starts stealing snaps. At least I know that it Amari Carter is on the field it will be in a role he’s better suited for. It’s very obvious they’re clearing playing time for Avantae at safety. I like the very Miami move of sliding safeties up to linebacker and moving linebackers to defensive end. At the very least, this defense will be faster than last year’s.

Advertisement
LCL,the problem is it looks like all the weight he's put on is in his belly.Inexcusable for a guy going into his 4 th yr here.

This
I saw a video of him the other day after practice on one of the UM social media accounts. He was joking around and talking to the camera and you can def see that he put on some weight and it went straight to that stomach lol. Was extremely noticeable, couldn’t help but see it. I’ll try to find it.

Cribby, any idea how much Shoop has to say in these position battles and the D as a whole? Does he get to coach these kids in these practices? I've no idea on what these analyst can and can't do.

Thanks,
LokiCane

Advertisement
McCloud won’t be a Day 1 pick period. If he is I’ll go on a 6 month bender.
neat futurama GIF

Looks like my dream LB combo of Flagg and Smith is coming true. Disappointed that Frierson came in out of shape. He was the most consistent guy in the back seven last year. Hopefully he gets it together in time for fall. Or maybe Chase Smith starts stealing snaps. At least I know that it Amari Carter is on the field it will be in a role he’s better suited for. It’s very obvious they’re clearing playing time for Avantae at safety. I like the very Miami move of sliding safeties up to linebacker and moving linebackers to defensive end. At the very least, this defense will be faster than last year’s.
Its certainly an interesting strategy making the whole defense bigger while the linebackers get smaller and faster.

Advertisement
But wait, I thought Amari was one of the best Safeties we had? You mean to tell me that was just coach speak after all? No way, I don't believe it. He was so good that they moved him? How could they?!?

Thanks for the info. Encouraging on the DL. Coaching matters.
It’s hilarious how we run with coach speak. What do we expect TRob to say “Ohhhh yeah he looks terrible at safety out there. He’s always so out of position. He has me so dizzy turning my head looking for him that I had to get a GA to run down to the CVS to get me a dramamine patch.”

This
I saw a video of him the other day after practice on one of the UM social media accounts. He was joking around and talking to the camera and you can def see that he put on some weight and it went straight to that stomach lol. Was extremely noticeable, couldn’t help but see it. I’ll try to find it.
That was in the Aristide video right?

Interesting but I saw a picture with Scaife, Donaldson, Clark, Campbell, and I assume Nelson right to left with the ones out there. Maybe just trying different line combos but I wouldn’t mind this at all. Like I said I’d like to see Williams and Zion at T. Donaldson and Campbell/Rivers at G and Clark at C. If Clark can’t play C then try Reed. I don’t want to see Gaynor play ever again.

Advertisement
It’s hilarious how we run with coach speak. What do we expect TRob to say “Ohhhh yeah he looks terrible at safety out there. He’s always so out of position. He has me so dizzy turning my head looking for him that I had to get a GA to run down to the CVS to get me a dramamine patch.”
Exactly. Coaches are like politicians. You have to ignore what they say and pay attention to what they do. The bs sound bites that everyone loves to dissect here are meaningless.

A few more nuggets:

Freshman kicker Andres Borregales made a big impression in the Hurricanes’ first scrimmage of the spring, nailing a 42-yard field goal to end the session.

Friday, he connected on all three of his field goal attempts, hitting from 44, 52, and 43 yards. The 52-yarder came as time expired in the first half and set off a wild celebration on both sidelines.

Advertisement
Back