NSD to Draft Day: Biggest Falls

Tad Footeball

1996 Interim Big East Conference Commissioner
Premium
Who ya got?

I'm talking guys that were "all world" coming out as high school seniors that didn't exactly have the same hype 3 or 4 years later but were still drafted. This one comes to mind immediately for me:

5157Gkt3uML._SY445_.jpg

Advertisement
I was surprised Bo went as late as he did - he always seemed to get 5+ yds every time he touched the ball.

Khalil McKenzie and josh sweat vastly underachieved for being #1 overall recruits on some sites

Advertisement
What about the all world HS recruits that didn't get drafted??

Go ahead and throw em out. I personally was just trying to think of names I saw in the Draft but it's interesting too if a kid completely fell off the face of the Earth to not even get picked.

Bo will be a nice short yardage & goal line option in Dallas. That was a great pick for them.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I was surprised Bo went as late as he did - he always seemed to get 5+ yds every time he touched the ball.
Very hard to judge bama backs. Think Trent Richardson. It's easy to pick up those yards when you have gaping holes to run through.

Edit: Also arguably the best "bama" back transferred out and went to UT in Kamara.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Very hard to judge bama backs. Think Trent Richardson. It's easy to pick up those yards when you have gaping holes to run through.

Edit: Also arguably the best "bama" back transferred out and went to UT in Kamara.

Never seemed to matter whether he had a hole or not. He was almost never stopped at LOS.

Scarborough was an excellent player for Bama. They got their money's worth. K.C. McDermott is our version of Scarborough. Not a superstar but a highly recruited O lineman that was a decent college football player. The pros don't think much of either of them but hopefully they surprise. The reason I'm giving some detail is that who cares what the pros think if they contribute while here.

Advertisement
Back