Now the fun part

Advertisement
You didn’t answer anything about the injuries at Oregon that somehow followed Mario to Miami w feld . A lot o people said the same when feld was hired.

gattis was never a successful oc. He aas *** at Michigan until harbaugh forced help. Ponce hasn’t coached qbs to an elite level in play. He shouldn’t be here imo.
I didn’t answer it because it is a non-factor after 1 year. Unless you have statistics of 3-5 years before Feld, plus Feld’s time, and now statistics of injuries after Feld, and then compare it to 5 or more other programs, you have no empirical base to stand on. Anecdotal data is not evidence.

I am a physician, it is not difficult to see that football teams are often plagued by injuries and have a bad year where multiple players get hurt. It is football after all. The dolphins have struggled with the same issue. I’m not saying he’s the god SC coach or even that he may not need replacing. But you don’t determine that after one year with players that only a handful even want to watch film.

Is Feld to blame for Chaney too? I’m Belen grad and want nothing more than to see Chaney become the best RB in Canes history, but the guy hasn’t been able to serve himself an omelette without getting injured. Everyone ranted and raved about Swasey in the early 2000s, when we had studs, and towards the end of his tenure everyone was saying “Swasey strikes again” when a guy would get hurt.

This thread ... smh.

FWIW, anyone thinking Mario doesn't know that he needs a new OC is clearly on the spectrum. I would be shocked if they weren't already exploring replacement OC options the moment Gattis was hired since they knew he was a 1-and-done or 2-and-done hire regardless, just didn't expect it to be as a result of his failures but his successes. And that succession planning certainly accelerated following MTSU and A&M, and went into emergency-break-glass mode after UVA.

Personally, I would have moved Gattis to a non-play-calling role midseason. Regardless, there's no reason to announce he's been replaced until they land on his replacement, which avoids or at least mitigates the media circus around the interview process.

Whether or not they found the right guy, came to agreement and are ready to announce today, no clue. Would mean Ferman has an inside source for the first time in two decades, so I tend to doubt it. But Mario will get it done soon enough. He doesn't need an OC in place to go portalling for transfers. So the only dependency an OC hire holds up is the decision around position coach changes.
I just took an online test that showed that I am most likely on the spectrum and even I knew he needed an OC.

Don't wanna derail the thread but just wanted to comment that I have a BS and MS in S&C, 2 internships and 11+ years experience and there are 3 reasons I walked away from the industry: the pay, the parents, and what you're both talking about: the culture of absolute douchecanoes.

There are thousands of professional, working S&C coaches grinding day in and day out, but that doesn't get you views on IG. Nobody wants to watch safe, scientifically-demonstrated effective programming, that's boring. It incentivizes people to create more and more outlandish content for views, including ****ting on other coaches or coming up with crazy circus clown **** for workouts ("FLIPPING TIRES WHILE BALANCING 1 LEG ON A BOSU BALL WILL GET YOU JACKED! CLICK HERE TO WATCH!").

I'm skeptical of Feld but have always made sure I steer clear of making accusations that I can't demonstrate to be true.

I appreciate your concern for derailing the thread, rest assured countless others have done that for you. You need not worry my friend!

Help me out, I don’t know what I’m looking for….

dumb and dumber television GIF
This it has 7.8K likes when I looked. I do not have time to go through all of that to try and figure it out

Advertisement
I hear ya. It's a tough tightrope to walk.

It would be nice if people had thicker skins for the "barbs". I've been posting for nearly 25 years across multiple boards under the same name (OK, I dropped the "4ever" at the end of my name for aesthetic reasons), and you tend to hear the same nonsensical barbs. If I shed a tear every time someone made a lawyer joke or a "too long, did not read" comment...

I'm just not a fan of when fragile-ego porsters try to dictate whether someone is allowed to respond to their posts. I do not deny that it is a fine line between "jokes/criticism" and "personal attacks", and it's a tough one to regulate, but I also think it's worth the effort. And I think the "concept" of mutual-ignore is greater than the "actual reality" of mutual-ignore, that's all.
Rok didn’t dictate anything. He didn’t initiate it either. But he reacted to the initial barb with a threat of violence and now with the “Hialeah” adjective which both go to cardinal red lines. I decided they needed to be on mutual ignore. My mistake for removing it bc the other guy complained about it.

Soon though soon - a lot of em will find a new place.

11DF698B-6A39-4A8F-9FB4-EDDD8BB593EB.gif

Los Maude’s ya no estamos jugando.

I didn’t answer it because it is a non-factor after 1 year. Unless you have statistics of 3-5 years before Feld, plus Feld’s time, and now statistics of injuries after Feld, and then compare it to 5 or more other programs, you have no empirical base to stand on. Anecdotal data is not evidence.

I am a physician, it is not difficult to see that football teams are often plagued by injuries and have a bad year where multiple players get hurt. It is football after all. The dolphins have struggled with the same issue. I’m not saying he’s the god SC coach or even that he may not need replacing. But you don’t determine that after one year with players that only a handful even want to watch film.

Is Feld to blame for Chaney too? I’m Belen grad and want nothing more than to see Chaney become the best RB in Canes history, but the guy hasn’t been able to serve himself an omelette without getting injured. Everyone ranted and raved about Swasey in the early 2000s, when we had studs, and towards the end of his tenure everyone was saying “Swasey strikes again” when a guy would get hurt.
In general I agree with you, I just wanted to add that within athletic training the particular injuries we're talking about are non-contact injuries, like ligament tears in the knee just from changing direction. Completely different from being tackled in an awkward position or someone diving into your knee.

There's ample evidence in the literature that S&C protocols can absolutely reduce the risk of those types of injuries, or exacerbate them if done improperly. There are entirely too many variables to always attribute one injury to one person getting hurt, but with enough data we can absolutely see a trend one way or another. But we don't have enough data.

Advertisement
Rok didn’t dictate anything. He didn’t initiate it either. But he reacted to the initial barb with a threat of violence and now with the “Hialeah” adjective which both go to cardinal red lines. I decided they needed to be on mutual ignore. My mistake for removing it bc the other guy complained about it.

View attachment 217057

two points. i did use the whole tampon story to criticize him after he (i almost used another pronoun) said some stupid things to me (none of which i remember because it isn't important) regarding a subject i don't recall. i didn't throw the barb for no good reason, but as i told you privately i am done
insulting him for now.

Like you jhall but lets think about this.

Are we knowledgeable about the failures of golden and manny? Yes we are.

What makes you think they dont know problems with coaching theyve had?
Like I’ve said numerous times, we ALL only see a small fraction of the teams interaction. NONE of us have a clue as to what goes on minute by minute but those directly involved.

View attachment 217057

It's still ok to say @JBCanes-NC is a Lumbee from Warren County though ? Asking for @CDWright40 @FlatlandCane and @stevehick

Advertisement
two points. i did use the whole tampon story to criticize him after he (i almost used another pronoun) said some stupid things to me (none of which i remember because it isn't important) regarding a subject i don't recall. i didn't throw the barb for no good reason, but as i told you privately i am done
insulting him for now.
Try us.

Advertisement
In general I agree with you, I just wanted to add that within athletic training the particular injuries we're talking about are non-contact injuries, like ligament tears in the knee just from changing direction. Completely different from being tackled in an awkward position or someone diving into your knee.

There's ample evidence in the literature that S&C protocols can absolutely reduce the risk of those types of injuries, or exacerbate them if done improperly. There are entirely too many variables to always attribute one injury to one person getting hurt, but with enough data we can absolutely see a trend one way or another. But we don't have enough data.
Absolutely. The strengths of athletic training are marked and have been proven and possess the empirical backing to justify the investments programs are making in to that department. The question is do we have the sample size and the enough data part on Feld to justify his firing after 1 year? That’s the part I am arguing. Just like you, I don’t think we do.

dont know why the aggression towards me. i didn't violate the TOS and I am a respectfully porster, except this one time that a certain Member provoked me and i responded but sans a hint of ultra violence.
You instigated it. You told me that you’re done insulting him “for now”.

You’re done insulting him. Period. You don’t dictate to us how it’s going to be. I am telling you exactly how it’s going to be if you want to remain here in your existing form.

Advertisement
Back