Now the fun part

The portal opens soon and ESD is shortly after. They don’t have the luxury of time. Of course it’s not my money to pay the buyout but that’s the truth of the matter.

Gattis wasn't hired by Miami until February. We should "potentially" wait until February to save the buyout money? Whaaaaaaat?! Could you imagine?

Advertisement
Gattis wasn't hired by Miami until February. We should "potentially" wait until February to save the buyout money? Whaaaaaaat?! Could you imagine?
Remember how Manny was strung along until Mario was signed? Wonder if they’ll let Gattis and Ponce hang around until new OC/QB and WR coaches are finalized.

46DF0498-CD8D-4B15-A0F5-C1BEC11E8E5F.jpeg

Remember how Manny was strung along until Mario was signed? Wonder if they’ll let Gattis and Ponce hang around until new OC/QB and WR coaches are finalized.
That would be a disaster… ideally we can land someone after conference champ. games are over. That way he can have some say on the recruiting class and the QB situation.

Advertisement
Brennan Marion can go back to Tulsa as HC and Sark can hire Gattis to coach WR and be Pass Game Coordinator.

Bing-Bong-Boom.

The thing is the writing has been on the wall with Gattis for weeks. He’s been fired for quite a bit now - so he and his camp have had time during the season to send out feelers to other programs regarding coaching vacancies. There shouldn’t be any sort of delay in making that public if they hold-up is helping him find another job.

I truly expect Mario to publicly address his termination either tomorrow, or within a few days.

Advertisement
I said weeks ago i want major surgery. We overrated the roster, the coaches did too. I want anybody who can ball at any and every position. I said 35-45 new players, make it 45-50. And lots of coaches did nothing all year. Mario need to re evaluate that process he using to hire staff. He got catfish by Gattis and others.

Need to have the new OC named within 2 weeks. Kids in the portal can wait a week or so but any potential new '23 kids need to know well before signing on ESD.

I don't see any reason we couldn't name a new OC by middle of next week after all the conference championship games are done

Advertisement
that dude is quickly ascending towards idiot poster.

What really good players transferred from Oregon. I see he didn’t answer when you asked about the “many”

Yeah we couldnt of used benson or travis or pit but thsts besides the point, bottom line mario needs consistency in oc and dc to be truly effective in the portal

Advertisement
The thing is the writing has been on the wall with Gattis for weeks. He’s been fired for quite a bit now - so he and his camp have had time during the season to send out feelers to other programs regarding coaching vacancies. There shouldn’t be any sort of delay in making that public if they hold-up is helping him find another job.

I truly expect Mario to publicly address his termination either tomorrow, or within a few days.
How you do anything is how you do everything.

Don't be surprised if the firing + hiring process takes far longer than is rumored.

Selected reasons why the extended hiring process Mario learned from Eric Mangini does not work:

1) Taking a long amount of time to hire a coordinator does not guarantee success (Gattis is Exhibit A);

2) It's very important to show recruits that we're going in a new & exciting direction...soon! We will miss out on certain recruits on offense unless we make a great hire at OC soon. We will also lose out on Impact Players in the Portal. An extended hiring process will only seriously hinder the re-building process. We need to be crushing it this offseason. We badly need to inject some excitement soon with a great hire at the OC position;

3) The best OCs & position coaches will get snapped up by other coaches that move faster -- so, a slow process likely self-selects the bottom of the gene pool that no-one else wants (because the good or great ones get snapped up fast by decisive leaders); and

4) Long interview processes are likely really annoying (and may turn off some great candidates). Who in the world wants to work for someone like that?

Mario should be able to get a great feel for a candidate in 2-3 hrs (initial phone interview + in-person meeting). That can be supplemented by film review and the candidate meeting other members of the staff & admin (and references). There's absolutely no need to stretch the process out for months. Identify the most talented candidates & hire them quicky. The long hiring process didn't work for Mangini either (career W-L record as HC of 33-48, or .407).

Advertisement
Back