Now the fun part

Sounds like a really neat story. Unfortunately, Mario picked the wrong business (and company) to work in if he thinks the masses are going to be patient.

He's being paid top dollar and has embarrassed himself and the university with his **** hires and horrible coaching.

He deserves all the criticism and skepticism directed at him. Enough with the fake classy stuff.

all this and more of this

dude has unlimited resources and proceeds to get blown out half of his games. I'm not going to act like I like the guy at all. He seems incompetent to put it lightly and safely. Both of his coordinator position hires are questionable ( one is certain ), his staff itself is all over the place. Half the team is entering the portal apparently lol

I mean they can leave, I don't blame them, but if anyone thinks they saw this coming I want to see a raising of their hand. He brings NOTHING to the coaching table, he's a salesmen literally and that's it. He's great at recruiting and being a below average head coach on his best day.

Advertisement
Kinda hard to have faith with anything he does aside from recruiting after what was shown on the field in 2022 and the offensive scheme that he employed. I still think he can get it right I just don’t blame people for not having faith in him.
Anyone with a brain knew Gaetti's scheme wasn't going to work year one. I knew this offensive was going to struggle because we don't have the bodies at RB and Oline. And it doesn't help we had injures at both of these positions. Just look at the size and athleticism of Michigan's oline compared to ours. Regardless of whether we stick with Gattis or let him go, we have to build around one specific scheme

Advertisement
breaking bad bullshit GIF

Advertisement
He’s coached twice at USF, Texas Tech & NC State. (Also think North Texas if memory isn’t failing me)

Perhaps we overrate him. Also that’s only 1 Florida school (not even P5). More Texas schools than Fl.
Also coached at FAU

Advertisement
Advertisement
Don't know where to post this, but I wanted to pass it along. @Mods, please delete if I'm going too far with the copy/paste of the response.

A poster on 247 referenced a podcast by Cooper Patenga (who worked with Mario @ Oregon), and the poster said Cooper implied on the pod that Miami is reeling and disorganized. Cooper wasn't surprised by that... but the poster wasn't sure if he was referencing Mario or Miami and asked the ITU mods for color.

Cooper responded in the thread with this:
"Let me add some context on this. I've worked under Coach Cristobal. Known him for quite some time. The way he operates organizationally is different. High intensity, a lot of bullets flying at all times. A lot of the time it's difficult to pin him down. That being said, he understands the bottom line better than anyone I've ever worked for. The bottom line being that it takes elite players to be successful at the highest level. He's always going to fall back on his recruiting prowess, that's never been an issue. What I was referring to was everybody being on the same page in the building from a vision, plan of attack, and execution standpoint for 365 days when it comes to the many meticulous things it takes to run a high level program. He'll get it right but this offseason is important for him. A lot of new faces and new places. Year two you want to see the things you preach take hold."

Don't know where to post this, but I wanted to pass it along. @Mods, please delete if I'm going too far with the copy/paste of the response.

A poster on 247 referenced a podcast by Cooper Patenga (who worked with Mario @ Oregon), and the poster said Cooper implied on the pod that Miami is reeling and disorganized. Cooper wasn't surprised by that... but the poster wasn't sure if he was referencing Mario or Miami and asked the ITU mods for color.

Cooper responded in the thread with this:
"Let me add some context on this. I've worked under Coach Cristobal. Known him for quite some time. The way he operates organizationally is different. High intensity, a lot of bullets flying at all times. A lot of the time it's difficult to pin him down. That being said, he understands the bottom line better than anyone I've ever worked for. The bottom line being that it takes elite players to be successful at the highest level. He's always going to fall back on his recruiting prowess, that's never been an issue. What I was referring to was everybody being on the same page in the building from a vision, plan of attack, and execution standpoint for 365 days when it comes to the many meticulous things it takes to run a high level program. He'll get it right but this offseason is important for him. A lot of new faces and new places. Year two you want to see the things you preach take hold."
Sounds more like he tucked his tail and backtracked than expound on the comments he made on the pod

Advertisement
Back