Notre Dame Makes “Golden” Hire at DC

Advertisement
Facts. Al was not a bad recruiter or coach. He just learned a very important lesson in the coaching profession. Don’t hire anyone, that you’re not willing to fire!
So weird that when any Golden news breaks half the board puts on their slurper bibs (ties). The guy made the U the softest institution in America to the point it was getting its **** pushed in by teams like Maryland... What is this amnesia, or some weird bias?

Advertisement
He will do a good job as long as he doesn't run the Al Groh 3-4, which sunk him at Miami. This board can't wrap their heads around him being successful running something else. His success will bring out weekly entertainment from the morons.
He could suit up and single-handedly win a Super Bowl as a Player-Coach and I'll still only care about the fact that he was **** for us.

Facts. Al was not a bad recruiter or coach. He just learned a very important lesson in the coaching profession. Don’t hire anyone, that you’re not willing to fire!
Did he though?

Advertisement
Sound's like Mike Golic Junior Junior is gonna have to learn to back pedal when he gets to ND.......

Happy for the guy. Yes, he was loyal to a trash DC in D'onofrio and it cost him the job, but let's stop pretending that he didn't do some things right. Dude hit on a ton of evals, there's a reason why Richt was able to come in and win 19 games in his first two seasons. What I'll never understand is how a guy can be so intelligent in regards to program management, but lack a killer instinct to fire obvious trash.

Oh well, good for him. Life goes on.

Advertisement
Was at that game. Looked horrible in real game speed.

Was worse when I finally saw the video.

Really proud of way he came back from that injury.
Golden got points in my book for that. Other coaches would have ignored it or even stepped over the fallen player.

He could be another Manny as HC. Ascending very quickly to HC at a big school with no prior HC experience. Manny had more experience as a DC than Freeman, but I think Freeman is better.
He could be but there is little evidence to support that. If you had a blind resume of those guys I doubt Freeman would be chosen. I think it was a rushed panicked hire n we all know how that turns out.

Advertisement
So weird that when any Golden news breaks half the board puts on their slurper bibs (ties). The guy made the U the softest institution in America to the point it was getting its **** pushed in by teams like Maryland... What is this amnesia, or some weird bias?
My man, don’t get **** twisted. I’m firmly entrenched in the fucc Golden camp! I’m just telling the truth. It’s Fucc Golden For his inability to do what was necessary for this program to move forward. Him not doing what needed to be done, threw this program in a tailspin of sorts. It cost us a couple years. So yeah… fucc him. But considering what came before him and after him, he wasn’t that bad of a head coach. Both things can be true independently of each other.

Advertisement
Back