Notice of Allegations out in late November

Then why not self impose now or before the season started?
Whay wait? When the teams goal is to make it to Charlotte?

We didnt know if we would make a bowl this season, we were only predicted to win 4 games total

Now it looks like we may be bowl eligible thats why

That makes no sense! If the Ncaa came out and gave penalty this year, and gave us no bowl and we went 5-7 it would still count. So why would it be different if the school just came out and said it before the season started?

Advertisement

We didnt know if we would make a bowl this season, we were only predicted to win 4 games total

That makes no sense! If the Ncaa came out and gave penalty this year, and gave us no bowl and we went 5-7 it would still count. So why would it be different if the school just came out and said it before the season started?
The administration must know something we dont know then, dunno what to tell you. Noone has a definitive answer for this question other than AG and administration

Doesn't matter. Don't have to be eligible to self impose.

TTU self imposed a full postseason ban (champ game and bowl) in 1997 when they were 4-4 (early November). The NCAA accepted and adopted those penalties as their own and did not add any additional sanction against future competitions, even though TTU did not end with a good enough record to go the the Big12 champ game. The NCAA considered each element of the self imposed sanction separately and accepted and adopted each one.

I think Miami is going to get same thing as Ohio State 1 year bowl ban which we already took 3 a yr for 3 yrs. Ohio state helped the NCAA just as Miami and I think Miami should get the same.

I think Miami is going to get same thing as Ohio State 1 year bowl ban which we already took 3 a yr for 3 yrs. Ohio state helped the NCAA just as Miami and I think Miami should get the same.

Ohio St didnt help the NCAA at all, several NCAA officials have claimed Miami has been nothing but 100% straight forward and open with the investigation so far

Advertisement
The OP smells like horse **** to me. Giving up last year's "bowl" probably cost UM 25 cents. Even if they were to qualify for the ACCCG, I'm not buying the $10 mil at all. Total BS, IMO.

Advertisement
my insider souce say we NOI gonna be "failure to monitor"

What does this mean? I think you have your acronyms mixed up. NOI is Notice of Inquiry. That's what is sent to notify an institution that Enforcement will conduct an investigation at the institution. That was sent a LONG time ago. NOA is Notice of Allegations, and contains a list of alleged violations, and the facts that support those alleged violations.

Someone on 24/7 lifted this story, which was not supposed to be released yet, from a writer on the insider board of another site.

Advertisement
if we do win out, forgoing is the best option bc there is no doubt in everyones mind that next years team will be better and why would you take next years team out of contention...see the OSU buckeyes. they could have an easy bid at the rose bowl and cannot be eligible bc they decided to play in a crappy gator bowl

Massive penalties are coming. I still can't reconcile that with certain employees still working at UM. I guess we'll see.

Did I read that right? Part of our punishment depends on whether we win a game or not? You guys realize how ridiculous that sounds...right? Sounds like a bunch of bull**** to me.

Advertisement
Someone on 24/7 lifted this story, which was not supposed to be released yet, from a writer on the insider board of another site.

It came from CaneInsider, also known as La Padrina's board, also known as the board of "insiders". Just ask our good friend Peter what he thinks of that board.

this from espn
Ohio St didnt help the NCAA at all, several NCAA officials have claimed Miami has been nothing but 100% straight forward and open with the investigation so far
Unlike USC, which was defiant in the face of allegations, Ohio State fully cooperated with the NCAA's investigation. Instead of arguing its innocence, Ohio State admitted to its sins -- or, more accurately, former coach Jim Tressel's sins. Ohio State believed that by saying and doing what the NCAA asked in the wake of the scandal, it would be granted leniency when it was time to pay.

But instead of accepting Ohio State's self-imposed penalties, which included vacating the 2010 season, returning bowl game revenue and applying a reduction of five scholarships over the next three years, the NCAA committee on infractions added some punishment of its own. The Buckeyes won't be eligible to play for a conference championship or in a bowl game in new coach Urban Meyer's first season in 2012, and they'll lose three scholarships in each of the next three seasons.

Advertisement
Back