Nothing really wrong with play calling tonight

Here are some facts

When we run it on 2nd and 12 or 3rd and 6, with the RPO, that's Kaaya's decision when he sees the safety or safeties back from the LOS. That's not a call from the sideline to run it. He has the option to run or pass, and he's choosing run because we have numbers. We're not executing. Now, you could argue Richt shouldn't give him the option to run it on 2nd and long or 3rd and medium even if we have numbers, but Richt is not calling a strictly running play in those situations.

This is what numbnuts on this site don't seem to understand

kayaa has full control of this offense

he's not reading defenses, he's not getting them into the right plays, the right lineups, not throwing it to the right guys, not doing anything but standing there like a zombie awaiting his next hit

kayaa is what changed from last year, that and searles is suspect

Is Kaaya the HC of the team? No. Then why does the actual HC continue to give Kaaya full control of the offense when he is so clearly incapable of doing so?

what do you wanna do? Put rosier in?

If you honestly think that's the only other alternative then there's no point in having this discussion.

if you're gonna strip kayaa of everything, why even have him in there?

you guys call richt conservative, then get mad that's he's going vertical

if he calls a screen play on one of these third downs and it gets blown up, THEN you'll be losing your minds cuz he's too conservative.. once again, "ANOTHER 5 YARD PASS??? WTF IS THIS SH*T RICHT"

maddening

Advertisement
This game is not on Richt. If we lose (it's 30-16 now), it's on the OL, Kaaya's lack of pocket awareness and the defensive injuries. I usually don't pull a rok, but someone needs to get Tyree St. Louis out of my sight.

I can't take this seriously at all, you don't know what you are looking at

How can anyone watch VT's offense tonight and watch Miami's and not say the difference in this game was play-calling?

He doesn't know what he is looking at.

Fuente is a real offensive mind, Richt is not.

Babers put up 560 on them last week, of course OP will tell me Cuse has more talent

This game was on Kaaya and RIcht... Kaaya being a bich as usual and making some of the stupidest mistakes.. Give me a **** dual threat..

Complete coaching staff change & different offense. Richt & son learning on the job again with play calling.

We had the same OL last year. Threw all over them and won comfortably. What changed?

Advertisement
How can anyone watch VT's offense tonight and watch Miami's and not say the difference in this game was play-calling?

Some of it is playcalling, but VT has a better QB, OL, and running backs. That's a fairly sizeable difference and allows for different plays to be called.

you could have watched FAU vs our depleted defense and it would have looked remarkable

is that so hard to realize

just lol @ some of you people

"RICHT NEEDS TO TAKE SOME SHOTS DOWN THE FIELD"

proceeds to call verticals instead of quick slants and rpo's....

"RICHT NEEDS TO GET THE BALL OUT OF KAYAAS HANDS FASTER KAYAA IS GETTING HIT"

*shrug*

Here are some facts

When we run it on 2nd and 12 or 3rd and 6, with the RPO, that's Kaaya's decision when he sees the safety or safeties back from the LOS. That's not a call from the sideline to run it. He has the option to run or pass, and he's choosing run because we have numbers. We're not executing. Now, you could argue Richt shouldn't give him the option to run it on 2nd and long or 3rd and medium even if we have numbers, but Richt is not calling a strictly running play in those situations.

This is what numbnuts on this site don't seem to understand

kayaa has full control of this offense

he's not reading defenses, he's not getting them into the right plays, the right lineups, not throwing it to the right guys, not doing anything but standing there like a zombie awaiting his next hit

kayaa is what changed from last year, that and searles is suspect

Is Kaaya the HC of the team? No. Then why does the actual HC continue to give Kaaya full control of the offense when he is so clearly incapable of doing so?

what do you wanna do? Put rosier in?

LOL @ these nuts.

I never said Richt needs to take more shots down field. Don't put words in my mouth.

However, when you're facing a defense that's blitzing heavily, common sense says DON'T RUN VERTICAL ROUTES!!!

It comes down to talent, execution and good coaching. Play calling does play a role but no amount of great play calling is going to matter when you can't block, pass or catch passes with any consistency. Why are we going nuts over play calling? We are an average team with slightly above average talent. No one on this team is NFL 1st round talent, don't kid yourselves. Stupid penalties, dropped passes, bad blocking, poor kicking and an immobile QB is whats killing us.

Thursday's difference, VT executed when it mattered, Miami didn't. You can't be wide open and fall down after catching the ball with no one around you.

It comes down to talent, execution and good coaching. Play calling does play a role but no amount of great play calling is going to matter when you can't block, pass or catch passes with any consistency. Why are we going nuts over play calling? We are an average team with slightly above average talent. No one on this team is NFL 1st round talent, don't kid yourselves. Stupid penalties, dropped passes, bad blocking, poor kicking and an immobile QB is whats killing us.

Thursday's difference, VT executed when it mattered, Miami didn't. You can't be wide open and fall down after catching the ball with no one around you.

I couldn't possibly disagree with this post any more. Play calling, in the modern game, falls under the category of "coaching" and can make ALL the difference in the world.

There are always going to be mistakes, mental and physical...but when you have a good system, offensively, in place you're putting constant pressure on the defense. You give yourself more opportunities THROUGHOUT the game so that when a guy falls on a wide open catch (and let's be honest these things happen) or kicker misses an extra point, you can still overcome it. Instead you're forcing the team to play a perfect game cause you're giving away downs and leaving points on the field.

There's enough talent to be much better on offense that what we've been and definitely enough talent to still be undefeated or at most one loss.

It's a matter of perspective I suppose....but we're going on our 4th consecutive tenure with coaching issues. After a while it becomes easy to spot the problem.

We need a dedicated OC. Period...end of discussion. Richt is killing this team right now with the play calling.

Advertisement

I couldn't possibly disagree with this post any more. Play calling, in the modern game, falls under the category of "coaching" and can make ALL the difference in the world.

There are always going to be mistakes, mental and physical...but when you have a good system, offensively, in place you're putting constant pressure on the defense. You give yourself more opportunities THROUGHOUT the game so that when a guy falls on a wide open catch (and let's be honest these things happen) or kicker misses an extra point, you can still overcome it. Instead you're forcing the team to play a perfect game cause you're giving away downs and leaving points on the field.

There's enough talent to be much better on offense that what we've been and definitely enough talent to still be undefeated or at most one loss.

It's a matter of perspective I suppose....but we're going on our 4th consecutive tenure with coaching issues. After a while it becomes easy to spot the problem.

We need a dedicated OC. Period...end of discussion. Richt is killing this team right now with the play calling.

After watching these games coming to the same conclusion. We need a solid OC .to focus on the offense and Richt to be the HC

I get your point, play calling hasn't been great at times but it is not the main problem. My point is no amount of great play calling is going to cure our issues when you have an offense that is inconsistent in its execution. How many dropped passes, horrible blocking, blocked kicks, QB getting sacked, RB picking the wrong hole at the line will great play calling fix? Richt should and can do better but talent and execution are our main issue. Hopefully 2017 will be better but we'll be counting on Freshmen do get the job done, much like our 3 LB's this year on defense. We need studs.

Advertisement
Back