Nothing earth shattering, but today, I'll be that guy

Advertisement
It's too bad it had to get to this level with Blake. He's got his flaws but he's a **** good fundraiser. He would probably have made an amazing assistant AD.

[MENTION=8896]Foreman[/MENTION]: I actually up-voted you on this, b/c I feel the same way. Actually I mentioned this before. Blake, sucks as "the man"...but as a fundraiser, I think he's quality. But he has NO BUSINESS as an A.D. He should be an assistant A.D. running fund raisers and keep his hands off of our athletics.

Thanks for sharing that info. Unfortunately, "If they don't win" is such a vague response. But i want to believe!!!

I think anything short of the Coastal and he is gone. I'm not buying the VT is substantially better hype. We have beaten GT except for last year. Just Cutliffe turning around Duke faster than what Golden has done should get him fired. Having a losing record against Virginia should get him fired. I would not give him a pass for losing to Pitt two years in a row when they are on their third coach in four years. North Carolina is an average team under Fedora. Not sure Chizik is going to make them Coastal Champions. He also has not proven that he can win a bowl game. A fawking bowl game!!!

Is that her on the left?

blake_zpsua2oic3l.png

:ibis-roflmao-sm4::ibis-roflmao-sm4:

Advertisement
Rep for your old man.

If we can only get our BOT and new president on board with getting competent people to run our athletic department and to coach our football team we'd be back in national contention in short order.

My father was at a weekend conference in Chicago and his host was Flake's sister. They started talking and he mentioned that I gave up our season tickets (and stopped donating to the Hurricane Club), tickets that have been in the family since the early 1950s because Golden is still the coach (I'm not sure I have been more proud of my Dad in my life). She said, he was more than welcome to sit in Flake's box at Sun Lifeless at any game he wanted, to which he politely declined (again, shed a tear when he told me this). He then asked her, point blank, what it's going to take to get Golden fired (though he worded it more diplomatically). Her exact words were, "If they don't win this year, both Golden and my brother will be looking for new jobs."

So, again, take it FWIW, I know this is something we all know, and I have no idea that winning is (7-6?, 8-5?, 9-4?), but, just thought I'd pass it along, mostly because my father restored my faith in humanity.

I can't imagine Blakes job is in trouble in the least bit. Golden possibly but I think Blake will get to stay unfortunately.

I think anything short of the Coastal and he is gone. I'm not buying the VT is substantially better hype. We have beaten GT except for last year. Just Cutliffe turning around Duke faster than what Golden has done should get him fired. Having a losing record against Virginia should get him fired. I would not give him a pass for losing to Pitt two years in a row when they are on their third coach in four years. North Carolina is an average team under Fedora. Not sure Chizik is going to make them Coastal Champions. He also has not proven that he can win a bowl game. A fawking bowl game!!!

I think VT is better. The DL is going to be incredible. I expect them to give OSU fits again.

GT should be a win just like usual. Slowing down the pace is whats hurting. Slow pace is GTs game. They can't matchup with the receivers and uptempo would crush them, but it won't happen.

Duke probably wins last year if it was a dry field.

I think what is happening each year with UVA is Mike London knows everything AG does wrong and follows an easy formula to beat it. London may as well be Belichek against Miami, and I say that seriously, but only against Miami. The only win against UVA basically needed 3 defensive TDs.

Narduzzi coaching Pitt in the freezing *** cold is worrisome.

Miami is an average team under Golden. Not sure Goldeb is going to make them Coastal Champions. He also has not proven that he can win a bowl game. A fawking bowl game!!!

Advertisement
The OP's entire story could be a fabrication but I'd still believe this part- that Flake has available seating in his suite for every game. That alone is an indictment on the state of this program. This athletic department is big in name recognition only. Point being- do you believe that we couldn't swap Flake with ANY other Power 5 conference member AD and that person would have any issue running our program from day 1 as it is currently constituted?

Last edited:
Win the National Championship and only one of them has to go....We could make history ala JJ, win the national championship and clean the Tie..

Advertisement
I'm starting to believe. Since I have been watching op post for 10 years now. He isn't the kind of guy who would make up ****.

Advertisement
Back