Nothing earth shattering, but today, I'll be that guy

Notsince1985

Retired staff
Premium
My father was at a weekend conference in Chicago and his host was Flake's sister. They started talking and he mentioned that I gave up our season tickets (and stopped donating to the Hurricane Club), tickets that have been in the family since the early 1950s because Golden is still the coach (I'm not sure I have been more proud of my Dad in my life). She said, he was more than welcome to sit in Flake's box at Sun Lifeless at any game he wanted, to which he politely declined (again, shed a tear when he told me this). He then asked her, point blank, what it's going to take to get Golden fired (though he worded it more diplomatically). Her exact words were, "If they don't win this year, both Golden and my brother will be looking for new jobs."

So, again, take it FWIW, I know this is something we all know, and I have no idea that winning is (7-6?, 8-5?, 9-4?), but, just thought I'd pass it along, mostly because my father restored my faith in humanity.

Advertisement
Is that her on the left?

blake_zpsua2oic3l.png

It's too bad it had to get to this level with Blake. He's got his flaws but he's a **** good fundraiser. He would probably have made an amazing assistant AD.

Not to go at ur credibility... But its believable. I think golden is done regardless I think blame gave him the Kiss of Death earlier this summer

Flake should go back to fundraising.

He is not cut out to be an athletic director.

Advertisement
This **** all goes back to the troll it will take us 5-6 years to undo the damage that decrepit old bag did to this football program. She knew nothing about football and refuse to hire a competent AD and get out of the ******* way!

Who is Flake

I think 10 wins and an ACCCG appearance is what it will take to win me over.

My father was at a weekend conference in Chicago and his host was Flake's sister. They started talking and he mentioned that I gave up our season tickets (and stopped donating to the Hurricane Club), tickets that have been in the family since the early 1950s because Golden is still the coach (I'm not sure I have been more proud of my Dad in my life). She said, he was more than welcome to sit in Flake's box at Sun Lifeless at any game he wanted, to which he politely declined (again, shed a tear when he told me this). He then asked her, point blank, what it's going to take to get Golden fired (though he worded it more diplomatically). Her exact words were, "If they don't win this year, both Golden and my brother will be looking for new jobs."

So, again, take it FWIW, I know this is something we all know, and I have no idea that winning is (7-6?, 8-5?, 9-4?), but, just thought I'd pass it along, mostly because my father restored my faith in humanity.

Yeah, good try - bull****. Don't believe he has a sister in or around Chicago. And if he did, she wouldn't be in position to freely offer a seat in his Sun Life box. Good job with her quote, too.

Advertisement

Yeah, good try - bull****. Don't believe he has a sister in or around Chicago. And if he did, she wouldn't be in position to freely offer a seat in his Sun Life box. Good job with her quote, too.

She couldn't have traveled in for the conference?

Nice attempt though.

Well, Blake dealt himself in the Golden game.

Instead of excusing Golden, releasing statements we all knew were BS, talking up all the 'improvements,' and covering for Golden, he should have been calling a **** a ****.

His own fault.

Advertisement

Yeah, because I spend my time thinking of stories to fool you guys with. I especially like, the "Don't believe he has a sister in or around Chicago." Why am I wasting my time with you?

Last edited:
Advertisement
If Golden doesnt win 10 games and atleast make it to the ACCCG he should be gone point blank.

I want Flake gone almost as much as Golden.

He might have been doing it because he is a company man but that ****** insulted every Canes fans intelligence over and over.

ns1985 has been around a while, so I'd give him the benefit of the doubt and say it's a legit post. And even without the anecdote, it's pretty obvious James and AG either float or sink together, neither guy is getting out of what's coming at the end of this season, whether it's good or bad.

Advertisement
Back