Notes On STA Guys

View as article

Matthew_Suero

Junior
Premium
Daniel Carter- Carter is still high on Miami, but Miami may not be so high on Carter. The communication with Carter has really fallen off, he has not heard from Miami for a while now. However, Carter said he will definitely be at Paradise Camp. He currently speaks to Georgia, LSU, and Ohio State the most.

Braylen Ingraham- He is not sure if he will be at Paradise Camp. Ingraham speaks with Coach Simpson about twice a week. He talks with Miami more than he does any other school. He is taking an official visit to Kentucky this weekend. Ingraham will be on campus for the OL/DL camp on June 16th. It will be important for him to get coached up by Coach Simpson. Hopefully, that helps him forget about Coach Kul. Coach Kul is one of the things keeping Alabama in the game. Aside from Alabama, Oklahoma is a team to watch for. Do not expect a decision from Ingraham anytime soon. He will likely make a decision during the season, sometime around October.

Jahmar Brown- Brown told me there is definitely a chance he continues to take visits. He has not shut down his recruitment and is still an option for Miami if they want another outside linebacker. He wants to go to Paradise Camp, which should tell you something.

Jaden Davis- Despite the commitment from Brownlee, the coaches still want to see Davis at Paradise Camp. He speaks to Oklahoma and Miami more than he talks to anyone else. He is currently being recruited by both Mike Rumph and DeMarcus Van Dyke. Unless he somehow climbs up Miami’s board, it looks like he will be a Sooner. The only way for him to move up on the board is to go to one of Miami’s 7 on 7 camps, since he will be making a decision before Paradise Camp. As for now, it does not look like he will be on campus again before his decision date.

*Solomon, Huff, and Munoz are very solid commits and Huff said he has shut down his recruitment. Assuming all three keep their grades up, which there is nothing suggesting they won’t, it will be hard to imagine them going anywhere but Miami.

Advertisement
I want Jaden Davis in this class. Reminds me of Bandys recruitment i think he was commited or goin to Oklahoma also an wasnt a take because of his size. I like Goods measurables but id take Davis all day! Gotta get Ingram an i love Munez saying he already feels like a Hurricane!! Go Canes

Daniel Carter- Carter is still high on Miami, but Miami may not be so high on Carter. The communication with Carter has really fallen off, he has not heard from Miami for a while now. However, Carter said he will definitely be at Paradise Camp. He currently speaks to Georgia, LSU, and Ohio State the most.

Braylen Ingraham- He is not sure if he will be at Paradise Camp. Ingraham speaks with Coach Simpson about twice a week. He talks with Miami more than he does any other school. He is taking an official visit to Kentucky this weekend. Ingraham will be on campus for the OL/DL camp on June 16th. It will be important for him to get coached up by Coach Simpson. Hopefully, that helps him forget about Coach Kul. Coach Kul is one of the things keeping Alabama in the game. Aside from Alabama, Oklahoma is a team to watch for. Do not expect a decision from Ingraham anytime soon. He will likely make a decision during the season, sometime around October.

Jahmar Brown- Brown told me there is definitely a chance he continues to take visits. He has not shut down his recruitment and is still an option for Miami if they want another outside linebacker. He wants to go to Paradise Camp, which should tell you something.

Jaden Davis- Despite the commitment from Brownlee, the coaches still want to see Davis at Paradise Camp. He speaks to Oklahoma and Miami more than he talks to anyone else. He is currently being recruited by both Mike Rumph and DeMarcus Van Dyke. Unless he somehow climbs up Miami’s board, it looks like he will be a Sooner. The only way for him to move up on the board is to go to one of Miami’s 7 on 7 camps, since he will be making a decision before Paradise Camp. As for now, it does not look like he will be on campus again before his decision date.

*Solomon, Huff, and Munoz are very solid commits and Huff said he has shut down his recruitment. Assuming all three keep their grades up, which there is nothing suggesting they won’t, it will be hard to imagine them going anywhere but Miami.

First time I saw his film I thought there were flashes of Zeke and I felt like he would be a good back for Miami. I am guessing Brown doesn't feel that way about him which kind of stinks.

Advertisement
Can you interview Jordan Battle when you get a chance? Wanna know his feelings about each of his top schools.

Would love to finish with a class of Battle, Stevenson and Richards.

Advertisement
All positive news. I think we should keep Carter/Davis warm and continue to communicate with them.

I see Brownlee and Davis as pretty similar prospects. Brownlee is a little bigger and plays bigger. So, I can see the reasoning for taking Brownlee over Davis, especially given the emphasis we have on CB tackling.

I watched Te'Cory Couch's film for the first time yesterday, and I must admit I was impressed. The main concern with him is how slight his frame is. I can see legit concerns as to if he can put on weight with that tiny lower body. Hard to tell how well he'll be able to adjust to the more physical college game. Couch does fly on the field, though. I may like him better than Davis, as well.

Advertisement
Take Ingraham & let the rest do what they may.

It would be kinda overkill taking 7 kids from one school (even though most of them aren't originally STA kids lol).

Would only take Davis late in the process if someone flipped or we missed on a higher target.

I like Jahmar, but we don't need another OLB, if we take a 4th LB (which I don't think we should) it should be a true Mike LB who's used to playing in the middle of the Defense. Some OLB's can convert to Mike, but it's not as easy as it might look.

Was a never a big fan of Daniel Carter & RB is a position of absolutely no concern with this staff. Don't care who we take, I know they'll be good. Coach Brown should have complete autonomy when it comes to RB crootin.

Good stuff, Matt. I'll just add on: we've been reporting for a few months now that Jahmar Brown was not a take for Miami, but we weren't sure if losing Jesiah Pierre from the class changed things and Manny Diaz was also fighting to take Brown in this class. However, I learned last weekend that Brown was still not a take for Miami when he made his commitment to South Carolina and UM will not be pursuing a flip at this time. They liked him, but there was just too many guys ahead of him on their board. The depth at LB this year really hurt him and I was told if he was born a year earlier or a year later, he’d likely be a Cane

Advertisement

How about Battle?

Take Ingraham & let the rest do what they may.

It would be kinda overkill taking 7 kids from one school (even though most of them aren't originally STA kids lol).

Would only take Davis late in the process if someone flipped or we missed on a higher target.

I like Jahmar, but we don't need another OLB, if we take a 4th LB (which I don't think we should) it should be a true Mike LB who's used to playing in the middle of the Defense. Some OLB's can convert to Mike, but it's not as easy as it might look.

Was a never a big fan of Daniel Carter & RB is a position of absolutely no concern with this staff. Don't care who we take, I know they'll be good. Coach Brown should have complete autonomy when it comes to RB crootin.
Ingraham and Battle I would take in a heartbeat. I would take Davis too but I don't know if we will have a spot for him. Agreed on Brown and Carter.

I Kno this thread is about RECRUITING INFO, but I hope this STA team is the #1 team in the nation at season's end!! With all the D1 talent they have and Miami looking like there pipeline school, it would be nice for this team to be considered the best in the nation for 2018..

Advertisement
Back