Notes on Feeley, the new S&C coach

Advertisement
Dude, Kurt Hester was only popular around these parts because he trained marines and made wacky YouTube videos. Meanwhile, La Tech's football program has been no more successful than Temple's in the past 5 years.

So the D is going to suck then...at least according to you

I know this guy was really jacked up for a placekicker, but I think he would better as the ST coach instead of the S&C coach.

Advertisement
FWIW I had 2 Temple transfers at ETSU. A QB and a LB and we sat down with them and talked S&C and their backgrounds to develop the best plan for them. Feeley focuses on Olympic lifts as their primary “style”. Don’t thibk he’s a Hatch disciple but he does that type of fast twitch development.

For a QB, Marchi was very good in the weight room and had very good technique. The LB was an absolute animal and probably pound for pound the best lifter we had and came in great shape straight from temple.
That’s good news. So this was recently? Because Feeley has only been at Temple for ‘17 and ‘18 season.

FWIW I had 2 Temple transfers at ETSU. A QB and a LB and we sat down with them and talked S&C and their backgrounds to develop the best plan for them. Feeley focuses on Olympic lifts as their primary “style”. Don’t thibk he’s a Hatch disciple but he does that type of fast twitch development.

For a QB, Marchi was very good in the weight room and had very good technique. The LB was an absolute animal and probably pound for pound the best lifter we had and came in great shape straight from temple.
ETSU, as in East Tennessee State University??

Advertisement
Don't do this! Cane fans want the 4 s&c coaches they've ever heard of or else they're trash so don't speak facts!

Second note on him is those 2 guys could run all day and talked about the running they did at Temple. Apparently they ran endless 110’s multiple times a week just until he felt like stopping them. They said you prepare for 30 and if your lucky he stops at 15-20. They did upwards of 25-30 many times.
Any other information you can find out would be awesome.

Advertisement

Thanks for the insight @mjackson6! Can't get much better insight than that.

Yo
Just texted with a friend that played at Ball State when he was there and was all-MAC, now coaches at YSU under Pelini and bounced around NFL practice squads for 5 years with about 1 active season: “should be a happy Canes fan getting Feeley” I like it
You should know input from people who have actually worked with him doesn't matter. A quick google search is a better way to form an opinion.

Second note on him is those 2 guys could run all day and talked about the running they did at Temple. Apparently they ran endless 110’s multiple times a week just until he felt like stopping them. They said you prepare for 30 and if your lucky he stops at 15-20. They did upwards of 25-30 many times.
I know all coaches do 110s, but it’s funny because those were a staple in Moffitts off season training. Used for punishment and pleasure.

Players would get into fights if a guy didn’t make time.

110 sprints are infinitely better conditioning for football than the mile runs that Felder was doing (though I’m sure he did 110s as well).

Glad Feeley is big into Oly lifts. No better way to train ftmf than proper Olys.

Advertisement
Seems OK. We will know in a few years if this regime makes it that long. Could be worse, could be better. Seems like a Miami hire. Hope he does work.

One thing worth mentioning is that I doubt Temple/Ball St had the type of nutritional support staff that we have with Bellamy (who I like).

Miami athletes + proper nutrition + Oly lifts (+ PEDs) is how we get back to dominating 3rd and short.

Now we are hiring real live Temple people again. Even the guy from Manny’s Louisiana Tech pool turned us down? Why am I getting the feeling only third and fourth ranked are willing to work for either us or Manny.

Advertisement
Back