Notes on Feeley, the new S&C coach

Advertisement
You realize hester has a training facility that specifically trains kids for the combine right? He trained numerous NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL athletes and currently has a kid that came into the school at 210 and is now pushing 280 and predicted to be a first round pick.
No they don't know this because they haven't learned how to use Google yet. Give them a break, Rambo. Some people have slower developing cerebrums so it's not entirely their fault.

Feeley had various offers to leave Temple. Contrary to certain posters belief, Geoff Collins did offer to try to retain him for GT per FootballScoop Staff source. Hopefully this quells some board anxiety

Who ******* cares about "board anxiety?" No one knows who this guy is or if he's good or bad and just want a reason to **** and moan because we didn't hire the Clemson/Bama S&C coach or The Rock.

Advertisement
Who cares how good they were in the weight room. Were they any good on the football field?

What the **** does that have to do with anything? Suppose they were just crap football players... It wouldn't diminish what he may have done to help them maximize their ability.

Dude, Kurt Hester was only popular around these parts because he trained marines and made wacky YouTube videos. Meanwhile, La Tech's football program has been no more successful than Temple's in the past 5 years.

Nonsense. If Hester had been hired, the entire board would be raving about him, rightfully so.

No need to denigrate Hester to endorse Feeley.

We won't know if this is a good hire for several years. Might as well just support it blindly.

Unfortunately this is true. Two years to really see change form a S&C program. We can judge how this 2019 class looks in 2021 but that’s about it.

Advertisement
FWIW I had 2 Temple transfers at ETSU. A QB and a LB and we sat down with them and talked S&C and their backgrounds to develop the best plan for them. Feeley focuses on Olympic lifts as their primary “style”. Don’t thibk he’s a Hatch disciple but he does that type of fast twitch development.

For a QB, Marchi was very good in the weight room and had very good technique. The LB was an absolute animal and probably pound for pound the best lifter we had and came in great shape straight from temple.
I liked "focuses on Olympic lifts". Good to hear. Did they mention how he was with the players?

Could just wait to hear from people like @Tweed and hear what the players think of the training after spring

Advertisement
FWIW I had 2 Temple transfers at ETSU. A QB and a LB and we sat down with them and talked S&C and their backgrounds to develop the best plan for them. Feeley focuses on Olympic lifts as their primary “style”. Don’t thibk he’s a Hatch disciple but he does that type of fast twitch development.

For a QB, Marchi was very good in the weight room and had very good technique. The LB was an absolute animal and probably pound for pound the best lifter we had and came in great shape straight from temple.

Wait. You work at ETSU? I live inKingsport

Second note on him is those 2 guys could run all day and talked about the running they did at Temple. Apparently they ran endless 110’s multiple times a week just until he felt like stopping them. They said you prepare for 30 and if your lucky he stops at 15-20. They did upwards of 25-30 many times.

Advertisement
I am not one of the people upset about the hire, but GT wanting to sign him doesn't give him any more clout in my opinion. These are the same idiots that hired paul Johnson.

Collins is a GT hire. This guy would have been a Collins hire. But Johnson, regardless of the archaic system, was a solid coach.

Second note on him is those 2 guys could run all day and talked about the running they did at Temple. Apparently they ran endless 110’s multiple times a week just until he felt like stopping them. They said you prepare for 30 and if your lucky he stops at 15-20. They did upwards of 25-30 many times.
This helps me warm up to him.

Advertisement
Back