Notes from Nike all star game

Problem2

All-American
Premium
Gabriel Terry, WDE, Wellington (Fla.) Palm Beach Central: Terry plays very quickly off the edge. He lined up with his hand in the dirt throughout the evening and came off the edge as a speed rusher. He had mixed results as his speed allowed him to win the edge on a number of occasions but when the offensive tackle was able to stay in front of him he struggled to get off the block. He may end up standing up in college as an outside linebacker.

Vernon Davis, CB, Miami (Fla.) Coral Reef: Davis is fluid at the defensive back position and quick to a spot. He exhibited good footwork on the evening and does a good job of breaking on the ball. He dropped a possible interception in the game.

James Burgess Jr., OLB, Homestead (Fla.): Burgess is a bit of an undersized linebacker but he has good quicks whether it is coming off the edge and attacking the offensive backfield or playing in zone coverage. He does a good job of consistently being around the ball.

Guess this Terry dude might be a good pickup at LB

Last edited:
Advertisement
Good stuff.

At 6'3" 210, (espn) he's definitely going to stand up. We are really going to see what the coaches do.

Was curious about VDavis. Hoping he can come in and get some PT. From what I've seen and read, if he were 5'11" he'd be a 5-star.

Could Burgess play safety?

Advertisement
I like Davis. So glad he's enrolling early. He'll definitely compete for playing time.

Advertisement
spencer adkins is in the league..and if used right here would have been more productive...

Terry though is probably 2 inches taller and likely has a bigger frame.....terry likely fills out upwards of 230+

Advertisement
spencer adkins is in the league..and if used right here would have been more productive...

Terry though is probably 2 inches taller and likely has a bigger frame.....terry likely fills out upwards of 230+

yep, dude looked like a terror blitzing so corch spent most of his time having him drop into coverage

yep, dude looked like a terror blitzing so corch spent most of his time having him drop into coverage

Part of a LB's job is to cover and he's such a great blitzer that's he's been relagated to ST's duty when he does play. Nonetheless, I do agree he could have been a situatinal pass rusher/ DE just like willie williams could have been on third and long. You really don't wanna tip your hat as a coach based on perosnel in any other situation.

Part of a LB's job is to cover and he's such a great blitzer that's he's been relagated to ST's duty when he does play. Nonetheless, I do agree he could have been a situatinal pass rusher/ DE just like willie williams could have been on third and long. You really don't wanna tip your hat as a coach based on perosnel in any other situation.
Ol Save A Ho

Advertisement
How does anyone compare terry to spencer Atkins? I watched spencer win a weightlifting competition and he only did 2 out 3 events due to injury. Atkins was a freak athlete. He just never lived up to it at miami. I was at the game and I stood next to terry after the game and he is an olb all the way IMO. He's maybe 200 pounds right now. He's smaller than josh Witt. He forced a fumble and was throwing up the U before the whistle even blew. Plays with alot of passion but needs to get way stronger.

How does anyone compare terry to spencer Atkins? I watched spencer win a weightlifting competition and he only did 2 out 3 events due to injury. Atkins was a freak athlete. He just never lived up to it at miami. I was at the game and I stood next to terry after the game and he is an olb all the way IMO. He's maybe 200 pounds right now. He's smaller than josh Witt. He forced a fumble and was throwing up the U before the whistle even blew. Plays with alot of passion but needs to get way stronger.

From his wrestling picture, he looks like he lives in the weight room. To my eye, he looks like he needs mass more than stength. Needs a nutrition coach. My guess is he ends up 240, and gets there in 24 months.

Advertisement
Back