Notes from Corn Elder following Tuesday practice

View as article

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
Miami Hurricanes cornerback Corn Elder gave his thoughts on this week's matchup against Georgia Tech.

**On what he’s seen on film from Georgia Tech:

“They’re a good team. They run a tricky offense,” Elder said. “We just have to come out there and play our game and be physical and go out there and have fun.”

**Elder said that cornerbacks must be “a lot” more involved in the run game against Georgia Tech.

“Most of their plays are runs. You need to defeat blocks and get off the cut (block) – they like to run outside so we have to be there,” Elder said.

**On the best way to contain the Yellow Jackets’ running game:

“You have to trust your technique and do what the coaches tell you to do. They do a great job with the game plan, so we just have to do our job.”

**In Adrian Colbert’s absence, sophomore corner Michael Jackson played some extra snaps against FAU and Appalachian State. Elder said he’s been impressed with Jackson’s “sense of urgency” and that “he’s a big, physical corner who is getting better every day”.

Advertisement
MJ-Hat-GIF.gif

If I'm not mistaken MJ been on a couple PBU that were Picked. I like his development so far S/O Coach Rump.

Corn has developed much better than I thought he would.
We knew he was all state basketball and football running back but he's become a very solid corner

Advertisement
Back