Notes: Alexis benches 225 32X, Golden praises Seantrel

View as article
I for one was completely ready to give up on the guy and ship him out to open space for younger players. If he can give us good production, he will completely surprise me. Takes a lot more than gym strength.

Advertisement
I for one was completely ready to give up on the guy and ship him out to open space for younger players. If he can give us good production, he will completely surprise me. Takes a lot more than gym strength.

Obviously I don't mean to take a bench press # and spin it into a hype machine when I doubt this kid ever plays a meaningful snap here but again, the method to the madness. Golden wants to add some players to his first class, and he wants a stronger team, so he adds one of the strongest **** freshmen out there (from a bench standpoint).

Like I said, even if the kid is only used as a field goal or punt return teamer, we can really use the strength.

Alot of scouts over here are gonna look silly if Alexis contributes

Not really. If he contributes he will be a typical late bloomer. Dude was an unranked HS player with no other real D1 offers. He was a roster filler at the time of his signing. If he contributes, great. If not, he was a project recruit that didnt pan out. I dont think anyone loses face either way.

True.

He seems to be a workout guy, which is invaluable in the gym. Hopefully it's contagious.

Last edited:
Gym rat, self motivated players dont like getting shown up at anything. He's pretty strong right now so if he can be a catalyst to getting some guys to try to catch him, he's invaluable to the whole squad.

Not really. If he contributes he will be a typical late bloomer. Dude was an unranked HS player with no other real D1 offers. He was a roster filler at the time of his signing. If he contributes, great. If not, he was a project recruit that didnt pan out. I dont think anyone loses face either way.

True.

He seems to be a workout guy, which is invaluable in the gym. Hopefully it's contagious.

Advertisement
Gym rat, self motivated players dont like getting shown up at anything. He's pretty strong right now so if he can be a catalyst to getting some guys to try to catch him, he's invaluable to the whole squad.

True.

4.gif

Good point, Jefe.

Bringing value to the team in the weight room moreso than the football field certainly has its merits.

Id like to add that we don't know he wont be an asset on the grid iron either. That's crazy strength for a freshman. If he has heart and desire to match his physical measurements he's going to help us in some way.

Good point, Jefe.

Bringing value to the team in the weight room moreso than the football field certainly has its merits.

Thing is, if a kid has enough mental discipline to force himself to be that strong that young, then it's a distinct possibility that he'll have the mental discipline to do the other things that will make him a good player.

That's the thing I think some seem to overlook. True enough we need to get stronger, but it's more than that. If you're dedicated enough to run up your numbers in any segment of workouts whatsoever - bench pressing for example - then there's a much better chance that you'll likewise dedicate yourself to honing and improving yourself in other areas of your game - as you just learned all it takes is time and effort.

Advertisement
FWIW, D$ insight when I asked about the late incomers from last year in another thread:

King has some fans. He's strong and plays hard, could end up helping us. Alexis and Wells I don't expect much from. Armbrister is a specimen but needs to mature.

GOD **** 32 TIMES AS A RS FRESHMAN?

Kid is goon bang 40+ by the time he gets out of here. Holy ****. That kid is legit in the weight room. Maybe thats what Golden saw in him. And here we were saying this kid didn't deserve a schools. That strength HAS to translate to the field somehow. If even just for goal line situations.

Smh..And too many said he was a scrub

Kid is goon bang 40+ by the time he gets out of here. Holy ****. That kid is legit in the weight room. Maybe thats what Golden saw in him. And here we were saying this kid didn't deserve a schools. That strength HAS to translate to the field somehow. If even just for goal line situations.

One of the strongest guys on the team last year was a walk-on FB. He never saw the field. Same **** with Alexis....walk-on skills with some good strength.

so just cause he's strong makes him a stud??? smh at you cuzzo. i know some strong ****** who cant play a lick

Advertisement
280 is not big enough for DT. Can this kid play DE? He'd be a big DE. Is he fast?

I believe Ojomo was lighter then 280, and after he was moved to DT was our best d-line player.

We really got ****ed when they denied Ojomo a medical 'shirt. He would've been a vital part of the team, and with another year to put on weight and get stronger would've been our best DT. ******** over at the NCAA.

I'm very impressed with the Bench numbers.
When will we hear about squat and cleans (2 more important lifts)

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back