Note on TJ Jones

Advertisement
There have been plenty of posts on WR ineptitude: poor blocking, running the wrong routes, no separation at the line, dropping catchable passes...

There is no rythm to our offense and terrible QB anticipation/timing. If you dont practice it, it’s not going to magically execute gametime

There is no rythm to our offense and terrible QB anticipation/timing. If you dont practice it, it’s not going to magically execute gametime

Yes. But we got all of eight practices. Finals could have been rearranged and our coaches/players could have made some sacrifices about Christmas. A bowl game is once or twice or three times in a lifetime.

Richt is soft, just like I suspect he was as a player. There was a reason after serving a suspension Schnellenberger didn't reinstall him as a starter for the rest of the 1982 season.

Does anybody remember Kyle Vandewende?

Took away Richt's job and sailed off into nothingness after 1982.

Yet we have constipoids on here calling me names and challenging me when I say that Jimmy Johnson's attacking 4-3 was prone to giving up big yardage. It was (and Manny's version) are high risk, high reward defenses.

It was the responsibility of our missing-in-action phantom offense to do something, anything, to put points on the board and try to force Wisconsin to beat us with Coan's arm.

I don’t think anyone’s blaming the WRs for the **** offense...

It’s 80% Mork and sons fault

With the last 20% on the QBs who are all immature and fail to be both the leader of the team and being able to master the playbook
I do blame the WRs. What we have left after Thomas/Richards seem to be rather mediocre. I don't know whether what's left could work harder to be better or not. I don't know if our current generation of players have the work ethic or not. We used to have a great work ethic. It's usually instilled from the top down, from the coaches.

I just don't know what it's like there. The fact Richt took a rather relaxed approach to the bowl suggests we don't have the intensity anymore. Maybe the coaches feel we can't do it anymore with today's generation of young people.

Although our players come from much more hardscrabble, tougher backgrounds, young people in general are much more spoiled and entitled. (Just look at that prick David Hogg who keeps saying young people are essentially better and smarter than older people. And Harvard rewarded him by letting him in.)

Back in '82, I think it was, after QB Mark Richt led us to ignominious defeat at the hands of FSU, Howard Schnellenberger had one post-game locker room announcement to the team: practice tomorrow (Sunday)--7 a.m.

(If I have the wrong game, please let me know. But I know it happened. I think it was '82 FSU.)

Can you imagine today's players putting up with that? Maybe. They'd show up bleary-eyed and half-drunk, half-high, rolling in straight from the clubs at 6:55 a.m.

When Howard was recruited out of H.S. in Kentucky in about '50, he said he came down on a recruiting visit to UM which was then coached by Andy Gustafson. Back then, the rules were loose. Visiting recruits would suit up and scrimmage with the team they were visiting.

Howard said it was an "hellacious" practice.

Can you imagine today's recruits doing that? Their handlers, managers, publicists and bag-seeking meddling parents would intervene and threaten to hire counsel.

Can you imagine working-class parents in Howard's day doing that?

Advertisement
Yes. But we got all of eight practices. Finals could have been rearranged and our coaches/players could have made some sacrifices about Christmas. A bowl game is once or twice or three times in a lifetime.

Richt is soft, just like I suspect he was as a player. There was a reason after serving a suspension Schnellenberger didn't reinstall him as a starter for the rest of the 1982 season.

Does anybody remember Kyle Vandewende?

Took away Richt's job and sailed off into nothingness after 1982.

Yet we have constipoids on here calling me names and challenging me when I say that Jimmy Johnson's attacking 4-3 was prone to giving up big yardage. It was (and Manny's version) are high risk, high reward defenses.

It was the responsibility of our missing-in-action phantom offense to do something, anything, to put points on the board and try to force Wisconsin to beat us with Coan's arm.

Agreed. Our WRs are not the problem. QB play is too erradic and play calling has no rhythm for it to become habit

Agreed. Our WRs are not the problem. QB play is too erradic and play calling has no rhythm for it to become habit

You sir are half way right, its a combination of all 3 right now though. No one will ever confuse coach richt as being the best play caller but he does know how to call plays at a championship level. Coach richt is a rhythm play caller, so if his qb's are not on point, his offenses will look dull or go thru lulls during games, right now, we got young immature qb's that did not beat out rosier, young receivers not understanding routes concepts or strong enuff yet to run their routes properly, than add the to that the consistently uneven o-line play, coach richt is a straight line coach, no gimmicks, he's a straight shooter for the most part when he talks. His playcalling is mostly the same, straight, no coaching around the flaws, butch davis has the same mindset, the difference is coach davis doesnt call the plays but his imprint resides over the offense which is why offenses under him as a headcoach are consistently balanced offenses.

So if coach richt is going to be the oc, its going to be imperative that we have to had 2 strong units out of the 3, meaning, we either gotta have strong qb and widereceiver play, or strong o-line and qb play, but we cant have 3 out of 3 being mediocre. If coach richt remains the oc, he normally has to have a seasoned qbmostly 3rd year guys, and he normally keeps a top notch receiver or 2. Honestly, coach richt just seems like one of them guys who's just snakebitten, its almost comical, but to get here, brad kaaya surprised him and dipped out, Ahmon barely able to play last year, ended up going with a qb he never wanted to start here, than this year, Ahmon for not even a full game, no qb too beat out, jt4 gone, so the offense he envisioned that was being built is back at the starting line.

But the good news is the overall roster has alot of talent at one time now on both sides of the ball, player development is going to be paramount this offseason, i think coach richt will be the oc for 1 more year, and rightfully so, if a new oc is brought in, now is not a good time for alot of these guys to transition into new offensive concepts, because next year will be the year that gives the answers on the qb's, and the offensive system and coach searels. We definitely have the runningbacks and tightends that can be top flight guys. So next year the runningback and tightend play will be stronger. Also we should see better o-line play barring health simply because more guys will be playing their natural roles more than likely from springball on in, having a few 3rd years guys in the starting o-line unit should help alone, in navaughn and gaynor, and scaife is a fighter out their all game long, he'll be able to play better because itll be less thinking for him.

We should have at minimum 4 homerun hitters at runningback, and 2 to 3 homerun hitting tightends, so whatever skill position group wants to join the party, things can excel real quick, and once the confidence is there we'll start executing more consistently at a high level!

Wr's were a big problem it was sad to watch Langham and Cager try to create separation... IF you were an pposing defense would you be scared of them? Not at all. We might have had the worst group of WR's in the ACC last year

Advertisement
Wr's were a big problem it was sad to watch Langham and Cager try to create separation... IF you were an pposing defense would you be scared of them? Not at all. We might have had the worst group of WR's in the ACC last year

Only WR duo you could leave wide open and not be worried.

Talent wise far from it, but they certainly played terrible this year. Dugans was terrible this year , players dropping passes, missing blocks and too many issues in the lockerroom at his position(most on the team)

even syracuse coach said this

Advertisement
Talent wise far from it, but they certainly played terrible this year. Dugans was terrible this year , players dropping passes, missing blocks and too many issues in the lockerroom at his position(most on the team)

Brock you got blinders on man.. I dont know if you watch ACC football WHen we lost Richards and then JT we were horrible. You cant count potential With Njoku and Pope and wiggins yea there is potential but we didnt play them..As far as the WR's we played we were at the bottom of the ACC

Tj Jones
@LongLiveT
I’m most definitely QUALIFIED‼️ All these coaches keep asking me that wondering why I ain’t signed yet😂

Jan 1, 2019

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back