Note on Tirek Austin-Cave official visit

Ivey has more speed and quick burst than Hodges. I'm not worried about Hodges lack of "long speed" because there are not many deep balls thrown in most leagues. I care more about short area acceleration in corners. I have no problems with Hodges as a take just wanna see the burst
Hodges make plays. He’s going to make plays.

Advertisement
But Maryland doesn’t have to prove that they’ll still not be bowl eligible tho huh?
To be honest I’m not gonna argue Maryland’s recruiting pitch or the holes that should be in it, because I don’t care. As a Canes fan I commented on how I believe we are being viewed and what it may possibly take to change that viewpoint.

Locksley the coach. He’s from the St. Nick school of bags.
Maryland will land quite a few kids that will make you scratch your head. The UA money combined with Lox will be tough to contend with. Fortunately, Mike Locksley is a historically bad HC

Well sounds like a Bagman bidding war is about to breakout with Clemson possibly jumping in to drive up the price.

Go Canes

Advertisement
Per 247, before Austin-Caves left after his OV, he was given a deadline to make a decision; commit or we move on. "They
aren’t going to wait forever for his decision"

Not how it went down. You are exaggerating the situation

"Apparently Diaz put some pressure on Tirek Austin-Cave during a meeting Sunday and told the three-star linebacker out of New Jersey that the Hurricanes aren’t going to wait forever for his decision. "

"Apparently Diaz put some pressure on Tirek Austin-Cave during a meeting Sunday and told the three-star linebacker out of New Jersey that the Hurricanes aren’t going to wait forever for his decision. "
Love it. I'd say take your visits at your own risks and we will continue to recruit and evaluate other LB prospects. My guess is Diaz was thinking they will give him before his senior season starts in August to decide.

Well, not suppose to cut and paste, so I put it in other words. Also stated: "under the impression that if he doesn’t commit at some point over the next few weeks then the staff will move in a different direction.

Thanks for the update. It appears he will be taking all his visits this summer. That's good news because we should know where we stand before Fall and make adjustments should he choose to go elsewhere. We can also put the full court press on after his last OV.

Advertisement
Well, not suppose to cut and paste, so I put it in other words. Also stated: "under the impression that if he doesn’t commit at some point over the next few weeks then the staff will move in a different direction.

There was no deadline given as you stated. Ivins is under that impression himself. That isn't an exact as you also made it seem.

We were his first OV, let him go to Cuse and WVU and wherever over the next few weeks and then tell him it’s decision time.

I think he can be a good player for us but for an OOS kid who probably won’t return to campus, can’t wait forever considering our LB issues.
Cuse worries me

Advertisement
Hodges is gonna surprise a lot of you guys. He’s going to be in the same mold as Ivey.

Advertisement
They have been recruiting him a long time. I think they only come into play if the parents are concerned about distance. They are still a pretty good drive away, no matter what, though
Cuse is NY tho and the next state over. They have a good program up there with Babers. That’s the only school I worry about bc while Camden has its issues, moms may still need him close to home.

Advertisement
Back