Note on Tirek Austin-Cave official visit

Stefan Adams

Managing Editor
Premium
A few different sources felt Miami absolutely knocked it out of the park with Austin-Cave this weekend, more so than the typical OV. He was the only official visitor, so he really got the red carpet treatment and he was hosted by Gilbert Frierson. One source directly involved with the visit felt that he would be "shocked" if Austin-Cave didn't end up at Miami.

As we've been reporting for a while now, Austin-Cave has steadily been rising on Miami's board and I was able to confirm that is still the case as of this weekend. More specifically, they view him the same or higher than anyone on the LB board aside from Justin Flowe.

As such, Miami is really pushing him for a commitment and to shut things down. From what I already know of Austin-Cave though, he is likely to want to take all his visits and really think things through before making a decision. The sources feel Miami has moved into the lead but I will wait on a pick until I hear something stronger and to make sure his visit high doesn't fade as he goes on OV's to other schools and has something to compare with Miami. You have to like the spot Miami is in right now.

Advertisement
Advertisement
A few different sources felt Miami absolutely knocked it out of the park with Austin-Cave this weekend, more so than the typical OV. He was the only official visitor, so he really got the red carpet treatment and he was hosted by Gilbert Frierson. One source directly involved with the visit felt that he would be "shocked" if Austin-Cave didn't end up at Miami.

As we've been reporting for a while now, Austin-Cave has steadily been rising on Miami's board and I was able to confirm that is still the case as of this weekend. More specifically, they view him the same or higher than anyone on the LB board aside from Justin Flowe.

As such, Miami is really pushing him for a commitment and to shut things down. From what I already know of Austin-Cave though, he is likely to want to take all his visits and really think things through before making a decision. The sources feel Miami has moved into the lead but I will wait on a pick until I hear something stronger and to make sure his visit high doesn't fade as he goes on OV's to other schools and has something to compare with Miami. You have to like the spot Miami is in right now.
How many official visits has he taken? WVU, Pitt, and Cuse we shall see. Not bag schools typically so its about fit then.

Advertisement
Advertisement

Great news Stefan! Let's hope the kid sees the benefits of joining The U, pulls the trigger, and shuts things down. He is a high caliber player that would significantly add value to our team. Thanks for the update Stefan.

You never know until he signs. But we have to like where he stands at the moment. And we definitely need linebackers! Let’s close with him and Flowe over the next few months.

Advertisement
Unfortunately, it’s getting to the point we are desperate. Concerning we have struggled getting serious interest from elite LB’s with our depth. To me, this is a major indictment on Patke and Diaz.

I don't think it's an indictment on recruiting at all. Everyone wants to win championships. We can't compete with that yet. Elite players get recruited by the elite programs. I don't care how good our defense is or what the depth chart looks like. Until we prove we can compete with the top programs we're not going to sign all the elite players. It's that simple.

Advertisement
Back