Note on Braylen Ingraham

One theory I think...Is that maybe we should all remain more even keel when we start trending up.

When we do lose, kids have it in their head "here they go again, every one talking that U is back ish and they lose to VA"...AND they also see a ton, and I mean a ton of negativity from the fanbase when we lose as well. Every school has it, but UM and it's fanbase is extreme with it.

Last edited:
Advertisement
When you've been irrelevant for so long, you can lose those type games man. On top not tossing out bags. You have no wiggle room

it had nothing to do w that game. people were saying a month ago to watch for Bama and then he finally went up there. he was waiting on his moms blessing to go there and to even have a real offer from them.

Advertisement
it had nothing to do w that game. people were saying a month ago to watch for Bama and then he finally went up there. he was waiting on his moms blessing to go there and to even have a real offer from them.

I am not speaking on this one recruit. I am speaking on the program as a whole. We are fighting years of irrelevance. We will win battles here and there but it won't be consistent. Recruits aren't impressed with constantly skidding down the stretch. Losing to Pitt, Virgina, and getting blown out regularly by Clemson. On top of not playing the bag game.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I am not speaking on this one recruit. I am speaking on the program as a hole. We are fight years off irrelevance. We will win battles here and there but it won't be consistent. Recruits aren't impressed with constantly skidding down the stretch. Losing to Pitt, Virgina, and getting blown out regularly by Clemson. On top of not playing the bag game.

oh yeah but we've also been duke for the last 15 years in football. people have to stop thinking were this elite brand to these kids. were not anymore. it'll take time to get this program back to where it was (if it ever gets back there since the landscape has changed considerably). OSU got blown out twice in 2 years to middling to bad teams but it doesn't change their recruiting since theyre still relevant and have been relevant since tressel. UGA was relevant during richt so the transition to smart is far easier than the transition from crap to crap to richt.

that's just a feeder line they're telling dudes. we could have blown out uVA and he'd still go to bama. follow the visits. he never took an OV here no matter how many times people wanna say he's always here. take the OV like he did to Bama a month ago. it was clear what he waited for -- Bama giving him an offer he could commit to and momma signing off

He never OVed here because the staff makes local kids wait until after the season. Makes no sense to me when the kid is deciding for that point. The point about losing to UVA that people aren't getting is that it showed that Miami still isn't a top program yet. Add in the LSU ****show and it's easy to see why kids rather go to Bama. They want to win.

He never OVed here because the staff makes local kids wait until after the season. Makes no sense to me when the kid is deciding for that point. The point about losing to UVA that people aren't getting is that it showed that Miami still isn't a top program yet. Add in the LSU ****show and it's easy to see why kids rather go to Bama. They want to win.

if he wants to win, then that proves my point even more -- that lone game against uVA didnt change a **** thing w him. it was bama all the way (they've been winning for years and years) and the deciding factor was getting mom on board.

Advertisement
if he wants to win, then that proves my point even more -- that lone game against uVA didnt change a **** thing w him. it was bama all the way (they've been winning for years and years) and the deciding factor was getting mom on board.

I'm saying if Miami is sitting here undefeated and blowing out teams we should blowout then kids see an elite Miami team. It's not just that we loss it what that loss represents and it means Miami is still an average to above average program. To a kid that's on the fence that means something.

Thats not the point. Im not saying Bama won't develop him what Im saying is that if he wanted to come to Miami loosing to UVA while the defense still dominated isnt gonna cause him to turn us away. It makes no sense.

OMG dude.
Aight bro. I'll let you think that. LOL

Advertisement
No actually Im not. Im almost their age. They don't care about one win or one loss. Its never that linear...

Well I've been coaching high school for 11 years now. But what do i know about kids?
I'll tell you what i know.
Kids down here don't perceive our program the same way we do.

I'm saying if Miami is sitting here undefeated and blowing out teams we should blowout then kids see an elite Miami team. It's not just that we loss it what that loss represents and it means Miami is still an average to above average program. To a kid that's on the fence that means something.

i get that, but my point is that i dont think that UVA game had any effect in his decision making. he visited bama last month (well before the UVA game) and closer to the time we were blowing out uNC On ESPN. it seems as if he was waiting on his mom to allow him to go to Bama.

Well I've been coaching high school for 11 years now. But what do i know about kids?
I'll tell you what i know.
Kids down here don't perceive our program the same way we do.

But they jump on Georgia for a little hot streak?

Not attacking you, just saying...Their logic is so flawed.

Advertisement
Back