Notable unsigned 2017 recruits

D

deleted3746

This first group just happened to be DL...did not find any RBs through the first 20 or so pages of 2017 kids on 247. Byers seems like the only one to keep an eye since he's already at a juco.

4* DE Lagaryonn Carson, 6-4 260
Texarkana, TX
Notes: Former Texas commit, rumored to be headed to juco because of off the field issues...has cousins that go to TX A&M and Baylor.

4* DT Akial Byers, 6-4 275
Fayetteville, AR
Notes: Previously committed to Alabama in the 2017 cycle...now enrolled at Mississippi Gulf Coast Juco...now listed as a 2018 recruit on 247.

3* DT Romello Martin, 6-2 289
Brooklyn, NY
Notes: Offered by Miami 1 year ago...Kul visited him last May...was down to UF, Ole Miss, and SCAR but did not sign anywhere.

3* DT Emmanuel McNeil, 6-4 280
Lawrenceville, GA
Notes: Offered by Miami last March...seems to have fallen off the face of the Earth since visiting Kentucky last summer.

3* DT Kane Taylor, 6-3 280
Clearwater, FL
Notes: Held a Miami offer at 1 time...attended junior day at Miami last March...Kul visited him last May...former TE...looked like he was headed to USF or Marshall but did not sign on NSD.

Advertisement
This first group just happened to be DL...did not find any RBs through the first 20 or so pages of 2017 kids on 247. Byers seems like the only one to keep an eye since he's already at a juco.

4* DE Lagaryonn Carson, 6-4 260
Texarkana, TX
Notes: Former Texas commit, rumored to be headed to juco because of off the field issues...has cousins that go to TX A&M and Baylor.

4* DT Akial Byers, 6-4 275
Fayetteville, AR
Notes: Previously committed to Alabama in the 2017 cycle...now enrolled at Mississippi Gulf Coast Juco...now listed as a 2018 recruit on 247.

3* DT Romello Martin, 6-2 289
Brooklyn, NY
Notes: Offered by Miami 1 year ago...Kul visited him last May...was down to UF, Ole Miss, and SCAR but did not sign anywhere.

Lawrenceville, GA
Notes: Offered by Miami last March...seems to have fallen off the face of the Earth since visiting Kentucky last summer.

3* DT Kane Taylor, 6-3 280
Clearwater, FL
Notes: Held a Miami offer at 1 time...attended junior day at Miami last March...Kul visited him last May...former TE...looked like he was headed to USF or Marshall but did not sign on NSD.

All are probably academic casualties. Byers at Juco was probably placed by bamer there and will be at bamer next year unless he has to graduate before signing.

Kane definitely an academic issue, if not, he really should do USF (my alma mater).

Martin and McNeil probably were not up to caliber and dropped by BCS schools.

I was looking through a similar list yesterday (specifically for DTs and RBs) and came away unimpressed. Slim pickings or grade issues.

I hear there is a top 100 player who is a d-linemen who is foolish enough to be grey shirting out there. What are the recruiting rules on grey shirts? Then again he might not be too bright.

Advertisement
Most guys who don't sign on NSD or very shortly thereafter have major issues.
Especially Defensive Lineman... Anytime a DL doesn't sign on NSD it's because he has horrendous grades & can't even qualify at schools like West Va or Marshall.

Most guys who don't sign on NSD or very shortly thereafter have major issues.

Yup.

And end up popping up in the weirdest places. MAC schools and FCS schools keep on these guys until they are enrolled elsewhere...sometimes, they just finally get qualified and youll see these dudes at Akron or some wild **** like that if not a JUCO.

This first group just happened to be DL...did not find any RBs through the first 20 or so pages of 2017 kids on 247. Byers seems like the only one to keep an eye since he's already at a juco

Lawrenceville, GA
Notes: Offered by Miami last March...seems to have fallen off the face of the Earth since visiting Kentucky last summer.......

Has had a few concussions that kept him out of few games during his senior year. But the kid came back and finished with a good performance for the rest of the year. However most schools will stay away from a player that is concussions prone, especially along the oline and dline where they are banging heads constantly.

Go Canes

[HUDL]video/3/4148330/584e2240c124d82f94dc2518[/HUDL]

Advertisement
I simply don't understand the "notable" in the title.

Would you like me to hold your hand through my thought process?

If not, pretty easy to figure out by looking through 247's list of 2017 recruits.

Demetrius Robinson in last years class waited just because he was one of the few smart kids who knows he can wait until after NSD and then signed with Cal and was one of the best freshmen wrs in the country. Other then Parks I don't want to touch any of these kids

Last edited:
Advertisement
I hear there is a top 100 player who is a d-linemen who is foolish enough to be grey shirting out there. What are the recruiting rules on grey shirts? Then again he might not be too bright.

if he takes a grey shirt he has to sit a year can't enroll at bama or play or practice with them till next year. that's what a gray shirt is. yea and its jerez parks a 5 star de, why would u take a gray shirt if u were a 5 star that's stupid could go and probably start at most schools and full scholly from day 1.

if he takes a grey shirt he has to sit a year can't enroll at bama or play or practice with them till next year. that's what a gray shirt is. yea and its jerez parks a 5 star de, why would u take a gray shirt if u were a 5 star that's stupid could go and probably start at most schools and full scholly from day 1.

Not a year just fir fall. He can enroll I believe but be below full time. His clock doesn't start.

You mean Jarez Parks? The kid with the 4.0 GPA?

Its a remark toward the questionable decision to go and pay to not play versus go to many other places with a full ride and chance to start playing and progressing his career. I will say that if someone anonymous benefactor is paying his way plus some I would not be surprised. Still seems like its trading pennies on the dollar even if that is the case.

Advertisement
So with Jenkins off the team now , what are we at? 81 players on ships ? So we can technically sign 4 ? Anyone hear anything about Gus at all?

Kids who go to bama are nothing if not confident. He's not scared that he'll get passed up next year by a kid with more recent film, and I applaud that confidence. I mean, he's an idiot, but good for him for being a full-speed-ahead shoot-for-the-stars kind of idiot.

Advertisement
Back