Notable unsigned 2017 recruits

Advertisement
I hear there is a top 100 player who is a d-linemen who is foolish enough to be grey shirting out there. What are the recruiting rules on grey shirts? Then again he might not be too bright.

if he takes a grey shirt he has to sit a year can't enroll at bama or play or practice with them till next year. that's what a gray shirt is. yea and its jerez parks a 5 star de, why would u take a gray shirt if u were a 5 star that's stupid could go and probably start at most schools and full scholly from day 1.

Not a year just fir fall. He can enroll I believe but be below full time. His clock doesn't start.
during espn's signing day special they said he couldn't enroll that's where I got that Info. maybe they were wrong wouldn't be first time

I hear there is a top 100 player who is a d-linemen who is foolish enough to be grey shirting out there. What are the recruiting rules on grey shirts? Then again he might not be too bright.

if he takes a grey shirt he has to sit a year can't enroll at bama or play or practice with them till next year. that's what a gray shirt is. yea and its jerez parks a 5 star de, why would u take a gray shirt if u were a 5 star that's stupid could go and probably start at most schools and full scholly from day 1.

Kids who go to bama are nothing if not confident. He's not scared that he'll get passed up next year by a kid with more recent film, and I applaud that confidence. I mean, he's an idiot, but good for him for being a full-speed-ahead shoot-for-the-stars kind of idiot.
if I was a 5 star recruit and just before signing day they told me wanted me they grey shirt id be ****ed and offended and would sign elsewhere but that's me, the whole grey shirt business needs to be ended by ncaa its just a way for teams like bama to over sign guys.

Advertisement

Kids who go to bama are nothing if not confident. He's not scared that he'll get passed up next year by a kid with more recent film, and I applaud that confidence. I mean, he's an idiot, but good for him for being a full-speed-ahead shoot-for-the-stars kind of idiot.
if I was a 5 star recruit and just before signing day they told me wanted me they grey shirt id be ****ed and offended and would sign elsewhere but that's me, the whole grey shirt business needs to be ended by ncaa its just a way for teams like bama to over sign guys.

Here is Jarez Parks explaining that he knew about this about the night before and had 2nd thoughts on the way to sch that morning.

Link to video interview
Jarez Parks explains his decision to go to Alabama

Go Canes

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back