Not that rankings matter this time of year but....

Advertisement
15-20 at best.

We beat BCU. Nobody is going to move us up unless one of the Big Names actually loses.

Remember that the voters are looking for an excuse to trash us; the Canes will always have to earn a higher ranking by actually beating the Big Schools in an actual contest and holding on to their ranking through the season.

15-20 at best.

We beat BCU. Nobody is going to move us up unless one of the Big Names actually loses.

Remember that the voters are looking for an excuse to trash us; the Canes will always have to earn a higher ranking by actually beating the Big Schools in an actual contest and holding on to their ranking through the season.
Sometimes you move down for playing fcs. We will see. Hope we don't move up. It's rat poison.

Advertisement
Ratings matter all year. Specifically preseason. Playoff committee rarely ranks much differently than the AP rankings and teams that start out high have the luxury of taking a loss and remaining highly ranked
Anchoring bias, it’s why it’s such bull**** that they allow pre season rankings…. But how else do we keep 2 sec teams in the hunt at all times?

Advertisement
I hope we don’t ever make the playoffs… cause you have to be top 4 for that and then the players won’t focus… you see how dumb that is?
This is dumb. Obviously we want to move up before the end of the season. Don't want to shoot up to 10 after winning an FCS in game 3 and then go in to Philly thinking we are all that and pull a Pitt. All we need is someone telling us how great we are right now. I've seen this movie too many times.

Donald Trump GIF by Election 2016
they will let florida jump us and put tenn above us because they feel the sec is still the all powerful oz.

Advertisement
This is dumb. Obviously we want to move up before the end of the season. Don't want to shoot up to 10 after winning an FCS in game 3 and then go in to Philly thinking we are all that and pull a Pitt. All we need is someone telling us how great we are right now. I've seen this movie too many times.

You don’t want something to happen that’s probably never happened before in the history of college football.

Advertisement
We’ll jump one spot from KSU losing. UT won’t fall behind us even though they should.

Can’t wait for the Bama narrative of showing grit on the road in hostile conditions to justify them not falling into the 20s where they belong.
Don't forget how FSU was just "looking ahead" to Clemson and obviously didn't play to their ELITE capabilities. Most writers are predicting they stay at 3 or move down to 4 at worst. So much for "the eye test"

I feel you, but different coach. This is a guy that wasn’t happy with the first half we had against BC and they will know about it all week.

Hate playing BC at their place in Nov, last game of the season.. has never been easy even in our best years. Rankings or not, we have our work cut out for us till curtain call..
Also Bc/FSU was red bandanna game and BC balls out for that game every year. That was as good as they will play this year.

Advertisement
Back