Not really sure how I feel now

next year depends on if larkin returns. if hes back and i hope and think he will be back, we should be in good shape if we can get finish up w a good recruiting class especially since the returning players now have TOURNEY experience that marquette clearly benefitted from.

We have nothing in the paint next year. We will suck for sure. 15-15 season at best.

Advertisement
This lose hurt me. It brought back memories of the last sweet 16 team and we were handed a beat down. Marquette wasn't the better team Miami was just ice cold. I just think will I ever see a season like this again? When Coach Ham was here I thought we would be good for a long time, then the ******* left and everything went to ****. Coach L I trust and hopefully we see the tournament next year.

What you should feel is grateful for a super season out of nowhere, when no one expected it. Sad note tonight? yeah. Best thing to cheer about as Canes sports fans in years.

This. Disappointed they shot the worst they have all year. Marquette had nothing to do with it. Just missed open shots. That said, enjoyed the ride and very proud of the boys.

I feel like I would after a one-night stand with a supermodel.

Disappointed, yet pleased and completely satisfied.

Advertisement
This lose hurt me. It brought back memories of the last sweet 16 team and we were handed a beat down. Marquette wasn't the better team Miami was just ice cold. I just think will I ever see a season like this again? When Coach Ham was here I thought we would be good for a long time, then the ******* left and everything went to ****. Coach L I trust and hopefully we see the tournament next year.

Everybody has to start somewhere. Maybe you don't remember how Coach Ham got roasted by UCLA when he first took us to the NCAAs, and it took a while until we made it as far as the S16. To get there from our first tourney run in 6 years is terrific. Now Coach L's job is to build on it and get us to a level of being able to make the post-season almost every season.

It was a great season. Now it times to close on this recruiting class and turn this program into a team that is consistently in the top 25

I'm grateful for the ride.

Thanks to the team for bringing the excitement back to men's hoops.

It was a perfect storm of things going against us. Poor shooting outside, missed shots from point-blank range, them hitting everything, and losing out on what seemed like every loose ball. I'm disappointed we couldn't go beyond the Sweet 16 round, but I love every single member of this team.

+1000

Advertisement
We played who we are tonight. Just didn't make shots, every loose ball went away from us, and every lay-up rimmed out. I'm sad and ****ed, but the season was incredible and I want to experience that again. It's just so great to be relevant in CBB. Hope we can at least fight for a spot in the post-season next year.

That's what upsets me the most. Not that we lost, not that the season is over. The fact that we're not Duke or UNC or UK or Kansas. Or even Florida. We're likely not back in the NCAAs next year, and even though the future (down the road) looks bright with Coach L, in spite of this year, we're not there yet, when we just reload and make the NCAAs every year.

I might be thinking too much, or overthinking things, but I wonder what would have happened if we would have won 1 more ACC game last year and made the NCAA tournament just to get experience.

or even florida lol? they won back to back national titles in basketball. theyre on par w the UNCs, UKs, KUs, Dukes

Florida is not on par with those schools. They'd need to keep this up for 30 years

After having sat with a few of my boys through the IU-Syr game, I'm contented with the season. Disappointed with last night's performance, but we were banged up as a squad for the first time really as a whole and got out played. **** happens. I think I would have been more thoroughly depressed if we had managed a come back and then gotten annihilated by the 2-3 zone (which is ******* coming for us next year and I'm not amused) and scored 16 points in both halves.

Everybody has to start somewhere. Maybe you don't remember how Coach Ham got roasted by UCLA when he first took us to the NCAAs, and it took a while until we made it as far as the S16. To get there from our first tourney run in 6 years is terrific. Now Coach L's job is to build on it and get us to a level of being able to make the post-season almost every season.

I agree with your sentiment, but roasted by UCLA? We lost by 3 and had a chance to win and then tie in the last 20 seconds.

Advertisement
I take full responsibility for the loss. I watched all 3 ACCT and the first two NCAAT games at home. Last night my friend dragged me to a bar because they were showing the game, there were going to be like 5 other Canes fans there, and they were giving out free beer (beer rep giving samples). I went, and we lost. My bad. I'll be apologizing to the team shortly.

Anyone that's anything but satisfied with this season is a moron.

Projected to be a middle of the pack ACC team, we went on one of the nation's longest winning streaks, beat the **** out of Duke, took care of UNC 3 times, won a regular season and ACC tournament title, and made the sweet 16. It sucks that we went out on a very subpar performance, but at the end of the day only 1 of 68 teams get to end on a win, and not being that one doesn't diminish the season.

I'm proud of the guys for all the work they did for the Canes both short and long term. It was a fun ride and great season, I don't know how any real Canes fan could feel otherwise.

Advertisement
Anyone that's anything but satisfied with this season is a moron.

Projected to be a middle of the pack ACC team, we went on one of the nation's longest winning streaks, beat the **** out of Duke, took care of UNC 3 times, won a regular season and ACC tournament title, and made the sweet 16. It sucks that we went out on a very subpar performance, but at the end of the day only 1 of 68 teams get to end on a win, and not being that one doesn't diminish the season.

I'm proud of the guys for all the work they did for the Canes both short and long term. It was a fun ride and great season, I don't know how any real Canes fan could feel otherwise.

Agreed, though I think it's going to take me a few days to take a step back from the disappointment of how we went out last night. There is no doubt this season was an overwhelming, unexpected success. To win the ACC regular season and tournament championships, win the most games in school history, destroy Duke, beat UNC 3x, get the fan base energized, get Lebron and Wade to follow us, get to the sweet 16 and make the program a national story, it's hard to ask for much more. I felt like we had one more win in us, to reach a point we've never reached, to have a chance to get to the final 4.

I thought we had the pieces necessary to do so, and to fall short (if you could really call it that), in the way that we did, is disappointing. To not know when, and if, we'll be able to replicate (or come close to replicating) this season's success is tough. But, with a coach that clearly is able to get the best out of his players and that clearly connects with his guys, and with the buzz around the program and the recruits we've already been able to get, hopefully this season is just the beginning. This season has really been a lot of fun, an awesome surprise and something for all 'Canes fans to be proud of.

I read out coached. I laughed.

What did we shoot yesterday?

This game hurts because we had a lot more to accomplish this year. Things change over the course of the season. Did we predict ACC Champs? No. But things change and we realized we're a better team than we started out being.

Coach is building a team, give him a chance before people think the sweet 16 is all we will ever be (ceiling). The most important thing is to capitalize off this effort and bring in a bunch of kids (2013/2014) who can replace what left.

Maybe you don't rember Coach Ham lost to UCLA by 3 that was a close game the whole way. That team was also young, this team a veteran group. I didn't have high expectations with Ham's first tourney appearance. Plus knowing the fact that if Larkin leaves we might be on the bottom that hurts.

Advertisement
Back