Not really sure how I feel now

Advertisement
I'm disappointed, but not much you can do when your team just doesn't knock down their shots until the final 2 minutes.

Beat by a better prepared team. You can say what you want. Senior team good seed just a tuff loss. Go canes

Now that I'm home from the bar, and the alcohol is starting to leave my system, I'm actually getting more ****ed off. Not that we lost, but that we looked flat. I know we missed most of our shots, but we still never seemed that into the game.

Well, I am upset that the program was not able to get that ape off their back in the sweet 16. That said, the program did get two monkey's off their back. To see the regular season and ACC championship banners hanging from the BUC is going to be awesome. For a fan like myself, I couldn't be more proud of what this team did this year.

Advertisement
We played who we are tonight. Just didn't make shots, every loose ball went away from us, and every lay-up rimmed out. I'm sad and ****ed, but the season was incredible and I want to experience that again. It's just so great to be relevant in CBB. Hope we can at least fight for a spot in the post-season next year.

We played who we are tonight. Just didn't make shots, every loose ball went away from us, and every lay-up rimmed out. I'm sad and ****ed, but the season was incredible and I want to experience that again. It's just so great to be relevant in CBB. Hope we can at least fight for a spot in the post-season next year.

That's what upsets me the most. Not that we lost, not that the season is over. The fact that we're not Duke or UNC or UK or Kansas. Or even Florida. We're likely not back in the NCAAs next year, and even though the future (down the road) looks bright with Coach L, in spite of this year, we're not there yet, when we just reload and make the NCAAs every year.

I might be thinking too much, or overthinking things, but I wonder what would have happened if we would have won 1 more ACC game last year and made the NCAA tournament just to get experience.

Advertisement
What you should feel is grateful for a super season out of nowhere, when no one expected it. Sad note tonight? yeah. Best thing to cheer about as Canes sports fans in years.

Beat by a better prepared team. You can say what you want. Senior team good seed just a tuff loss. Go canes

That's the point. Senior team that laid a freakin egg!! What a terrible way to end the season!!

You're a ******* ******. Those seniors just carried this team to an ACC title, ACCT title, and a Sweet 16 finish. Good lord, it was a ****** finish, but that doesn't diminish their accomplishments.

That's what upsets me the most. Not that we lost, not that the season is over. The fact that we're not Duke or UNC or UK or Kansas. Or even Florida. We're likely not back in the NCAAs next year, and even though the future (down the road) looks bright with Coach L, in spite of this year, we're not there yet, when we just reload and make the NCAAs every year.

I might be thinking too much, or overthinking things, but I wonder what would have happened if we would have won 1 more ACC game last year and made the NCAA tournament just to get experience.

You're right, but on the basis of getting this far and getting GREAT publicity all season, we're going to be able to get recruits to sustain this program moving forward. Maybe we won't be in the Dance in 2014 (wouldn't rule it out, way too soon), but this sets us up to get players to make another run at 2015 and beyond. Gotta like that as a Canes hoops fan.

Advertisement
It was a perfect storm of things going against us. Poor shooting outside, missed shots from point-blank range, them hitting everything, and losing out on what seemed like every loose ball. I'm disappointed we couldn't go beyond the Sweet 16 round, but I love every single member of this team.

Fun season. I hope it was an example to the "football only" lugheads that having a relevant Bball program is a good thing.

Advertisement
Good season. Kind of a let down to lose to Marquette. They don't look like a final four team to me.

Advertisement
Back