Not making ACC title game might have been a blessing

Advertisement
Never forget this one, the Duke game will be forgotten though!
can't lose the ACC to Duke, probably the most ashamed moment I have ever felt to be a Cane.

R.I.P. O.B.

120.jpg

Yeah, I completely disagree with this, making the ACCCG is a recruiting pitch to show progress in the program. Sure it gives us more time with the recruits, but it only gives us one extra week of recruiting, compared to a shot at an ACC title. Ill take the latter any day of the week.

recruiting wise it has allowed our coaches to go all out while fsu has to practice and gameplan for the game. They also have the jameis issue.
lastly, we didnt have to lose to fsu twice in same season.

Yeah I disagree. What's the whole point of recruiting and playing the game? Championships, hope us canes fans have not forgotten that. First step is ACCCG then the National. Recruiting n stars don't matter if we can't make it to the big games. If we lost to fsu again, sucks but it is what it is, at least we would have made it.

Advertisement
im sorry but you can't lose the ACC to Duke, probably the most ashamed moment I have ever felt to be a Cane.

The last game in The OB was worse, Peach Bowl was worse, all the Fiesta Bowls were worse, there are more too...

This. Hate to break it to y'all, but Duke is pretty good. Very well coached team. I expect them to stay with FSU better than we did.

It would be like Duke basketball fans last year whining about losing to Miami. You lost to Miami because they were simply better than you last year

yep, and obviously this guy wasnt around for east carolina

Puts Duke in perspective when you have to go back to 1996 to find a legit team not getting it done against a lesser opponent. I don't consider that OB team to be legit team they went 5-7 and were a disaster from the beginning FIU fight QB controversy Kirby Freeman and incompetent coaches Nix &Shannon.

This 2013 was playing for a shot at relevancy and everything couldn't get it done against Duke. They gave up 2 3rd and 10's in the 4th quarter.

Making the ACC title for the past 2 years has just killed FSU's recruiting I suppose.

SMH at some of the dumb things folks say.

Yes i'm sure the coaches are just thrilled to miss on the ACC title game again to get a head start on recruiting lol.. This board needs to cut the dead weight lol..

im sorry but you can't lose the ACC to Duke, probably the most ashamed moment I have ever felt to be a Cane.

The last game in The OB was worse, Peach Bowl was worse, all the Fiesta Bowls were worse, there are more too...

This. Hate to break it to y'all, but Duke is pretty good. Very well coached team. I expect them to stay with FSU better than we did.

It would be like Duke basketball fans last year whining about losing to Miami. You lost to Miami because they were simply better than you last year

yep, and obviously this guy wasnt around for east carolina

Puts Duke in perspective when you have to go back to 1996 to find a legit team not getting it done against a lesser opponent. I don't consider that OB team to be legit team they went 5-7 and were a disaster from the beginning FIU fight QB controversy Kirby Freeman and incompetent coaches Nix &Shannon.

This 2013 was playing for a shot at relevancy and everything couldn't get it done against Duke. They gave up 2 3rd and 10's in the 4th quarter.

You are all over the place with this post. The FIU fight was in 2006. That was the year we were 5-7, but we never played ECU that year. We lost to ECU in 96 and 99 -- both 9 win teams that finished in the top 15. The 99 loss was bad but understandable as it was on the road and sandwiched between #3 PSU and #1 FSU. I recall ECU dealing with a hurricane the week before so they were playing with a lot of emotion. The '96 loss was the worst loss for me. We were ranked 6th in the country and lost at home to ECU 31-6. The Duke loss this year pales in comparison to that one.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back