Not Gonna Lie! We could have been like WSU

Captain Cane

Recruit
Each weekend I stay up late and watch Washington St. play if they are on. I do this just to remind me what a coach can do to make his system fit his talent and be successful with said talent. Just saying!!!

Advertisement
I doubt Leach would have us competing for national titles, but the O would be fun to watch.

And if he had been hired instead of Shannon or Golden, he probably would have had us win the Coastal, by now.

If we had Leach and he let Diaz do his thing like he does now, i think that would be fun to watch

Advertisement
Mike Leach is a corch.

End of story.

I always like your posts, but i think Leach would have done well here with a good DC. Had a perfect personality for Miami.

There was a game two or three years ago where Washington State had the lead with two minutes to go. The other team had no timeouts, all they had to do was run the ball three times and they win. For some reason Leach decided to try two passes and they ended up punting. The other team scored and Washington State lost. After the game Leach was asked why he passed and he said, "I coach how I want to coach."

My head almost exploded.

Advertisement
Each weekend I stay up late and watch Washington St. play if they are on. I do this just to remind me what a coach can do to make his system fit his talent and be successful with said talent. Just saying!!!

Leach should lock you in the equipment room until your concussion clears.

I doubt Leach would have us competing for national titles, but the O would be fun to watch.

And if he had been hired instead of Shannon or Golden, he probably would have had us win the Coastal, by now.

and the defense would have been worse than Golden's

Leach blows another team out. Some may have to come to terms with the fact that he's a good coach

Advertisement
The name of the game in S. Fla is recruiting. Leach is a huuuuge weirdo. He can probably get more out of lesser talent with his schemes but the elite croots are going to run far, far away from a guy who dresses like a pirate and roller skates around town.

Leach is a Corch. Losses to Portland State and Eastern Washington prove this. 2016 is weak year for the PAC12. Let's see how Washington State performs against Washington. Leach does get them at home.

Advertisement
Good Lord (or whatever you do/not believe in):

1. What, of any significance, has Leach EVER won?
2. Leach makes "his system fit his talent"? If you mean he adapts his system to personnel, please explain. If you mean he has an offensive system that does what it does, regardless of talent, OK.
3. If you think I meant that last sentence as a significant compliment, see #1 above.

Since when does Leach make his system fit his talent? He's used the same Air Raid system for two decades now, going back to his time as an OC under Hal Mumme. Now that system absolutely works and puts up tons of yards, but let's not pretend like he adapts his system -- indeed, his system is set up to gain yards through the air no matter who plays, as long as its being run by players who aren't terrible.

He's a good coach, but his records at WSU are:
3-9 (2012)
6-7 (2013)
3-9 (2014)
9-4 (2015)
7-2 (2016)

WSU was a dumpster fire when he got there, but it still took him four years to have a winning record. It took time to bring in the players that fit what he wants to do on offense -- that's time that almost any coach in a new job needs. If you want to compare him to Richt, let's see what we look like in a couple years when Richt has his players running his desired system.

Mike Leach is a corch.

End of story.

I always like your posts, but i think Leach would have done well here with a good DC. Had a perfect personality for Miami.

There was a game two or three years ago where Washington State had the lead with two minutes to go. The other team had no timeouts, all they had to do was run the ball three times and they win. For some reason Leach decided to try two passes and they ended up punting. The other team scored and Washington State lost. After the game Leach was asked why he passed and he said, "I coach how I want to coach."

My head almost exploded.
Do you have any idea how many times we said similar things after watching Botch Davis blow an easily winnable game? You probably think he's a Gaaawd, though. Leach takes crappy teams and makes them pretty darn good. And he has that "us against the world" mentality that most on this board crave. He should've been hired here years ago, but that ship has sailed. Now he beats us in bowl games and plunders the Pac12.

Dudes been there for years now and consistently loses games to overmatched opponents every year. There is a reason why he hasn't gotten a better gig then Texas tech or wsu. Those kids were recruited because they fit his scheme.

Advertisement
Back