Not Crowning Him, But What Pro QB Does TVD Remind You Of?

• Thread starter Deleted member 23667
  • Start date
Advertisement
Advertisement
I see shades of Phillip Rivers and Dan Marino.

Not saying that he’s as good as any of them at this stage in his career. His footwork reminds me of Rivers, while his release is a combo of Rivers/Marino. Also throws the deep ball with a lot of velocity, and on a rope, not as much height as other QB’s, but very accurately, which also reminds me of Dan.
That Release reminds me of Marino.. It's quick and with a flick that ball goes mighty far!

Advertisement
TVD looks great but let’s not crown him yet. I will say this Clarke has been a pleasant surprise at center that has helped

Advertisement
A couple good games and you guys compare this guy to NFL Qb's. Then, if he falters, you blame everyone else except yourselves for crowning him. This is a summation of Hurricanes football the last 15 years.

A couple good games and you guys compare this guy to NFL Qb's. Then, if he falters, you blame everyone else except yourselves for crowning him. This is a summation of Hurricanes football the last 15 years.
Nobody is comparing him in the sense that makes him an NFL Great QB....just that there are similarities in his stance, arm and release to others...

Advertisement
Harris was 'Black Dorsey' after his 400-yard game at FSU.....didn't last
To be 100% honest, I don't remember comparing Harris or any of our former QBs to any of the greats. This includes Dorsey.

None of them really inspired the comparison for me, even on their best days.

What TVD has done the past few games is a breath of fresh air. He has shown FLASHES of greatness. Doesn't mean he will be great going forward, but it has been fun to watch. And it's brought back (a little, much needed) hope to The U. Nothing wrong with that.

Edit: I've been watching Canes football since 1991, FWIW.

Advertisement
Back