Not breaking news, but…

TVD still looks like the same QB, just one that has lost the mental side of the game. He's probably never getting that back. A shame because if he had his mental he'd be a nice QB (still not as good as you thought he was...but he was nice). But with his broken spirit...oh man, he's terrible. Looks like a dude that just straight up would rather be anywhere else. We're experiencing the worst moments of this man's life when we're there watching him. It's sad.

Man stepped on the field looking like Affleck against FSU. Should have been a moment of redemption. March the team down the field and go beat FSU. Its your ******* moment kid...but...

73e020f56c4a86221823bc32113b4316d2-25-ben-affleck-sad-smoke.rvertical.w330.jpg

He stepped on the field knowing he was going to throw a pick.

At this point, we're stepping foot on every field to finish the season just hoping it magically clicks for this guy. Like he has a great week - hit a hole in one or something - and forgets he stinks and goes out there and just throws. I have to assume the coaches think like this at this point. They know when Tyler doesn't have it. There is a reason he was benched for FSU.

btw - I know everyone thought TVD was good at some point because he was good in Lashlee's offense...but for a nice comparison, look at Tanner Mordecai. Baller in Lashlee's offense...man stinks to high heaven for Wisconsin with another OC. Wow he stinks. I'm just saying, these guys that might look good in Lashlee's offense aren't guaranteed success in other offenses. It just ain't TVD.

Advertisement
the real question is how much input does Mario have in the offense? 🤔🤔 Because he did the same thing in Oregon. He needs to just worry about knowing when to kneel and work on proper clock management in the 4th quarter. 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

Advertisement
Advertisement
Yes, that’s usually when coaches start to move around. Contracts don’t toll/count until the season is completed. That includes bowl games or playoff games in case a team qualifies.

Well, I hope he's already back channeled a replacement, and it's not a long drawn-out process. I think with the portal and QB needs things need to be in place as quick as possible.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Dawson leaving would be a disaster. Not that I think he's the best coach we could possibly get, but for one, you need staff continuity at some point. He's at worst a decent coach, and the only way we're ever going to actually get better around here is to have some coaching continuity.

But even more importantly, Mario isn't going to hire a guy the day he leaves. I know the jokes will fly that he may not hire a guy the century he leaves, but regardless, I'm fine with his taking his time to get the right guy here. But we don't have ANY time in December to fool with coaching searches. The 2024 season is it at Miami for Mario. Of course he's not going to get fired after 2024, but if he doesn't show another significant improvement, you can kiss the dream goodbye and he's not going to be able to sell enough kids to get the classes that you need to compete at the highest level. And since the 2024 starting QB isn't on the roster right now, you're going to need to pull him from the portal. It's quite difficult to do that without him knowing who his coach is going to be.

So we need to be back-channeling QBs right now (and we are) and telling them that Dawson is going to be coaching them. It's the only way we're going to get anyone worth a **** enough to win enough games in 2024 to save this program long-term.

Why would any decent OC want to come here now? No OC for a QB in the portal is going to crush us as well.

Dawson leaving would be a disaster. Not that I think he's the best coach we could possibly get, but for one, you need staff continuity at some point. He's at worst a decent coach, and the only way we're ever going to actually get better around here is to have some coaching continuity.

But even more importantly, Mario isn't going to hire a guy the day he leaves. I know the jokes will fly that he may not hire a guy the century he leaves, but regardless, I'm fine with his taking his time to get the right guy here. But we don't have ANY time in December to fool with coaching searches. The 2024 season is it at Miami for Mario. Of course he's not going to get fired after 2024, but if he doesn't show another significant improvement, you can kiss the dream goodbye and he's not going to be able to sell enough kids to get the classes that you need to compete at the highest level. And since the 2024 starting QB isn't on the roster right now, you're going to need to pull him from the portal. It's quite difficult to do that without him knowing who his coach is going to be.

So we need to be back-channeling QBs right now (and we are) and telling them that Dawson is going to be coaching them. It's the only way we're going to get anyone worth a **** enough to win enough games in 2024 to save this program long-term.
He will stay.

This is the most overlooked fact in retrospect. Dude is legit and we let him slip out of our hands.
Never understood this. Did he want to leave? Why mess with something that was working well. He had people projecting TVD as a Heisman candidate and 1st round pick. Just for consistency sake, u keep him. TVD goes into last season already having mastered the offense and playing even better, instead of having to learn an entirely new and archaic offense. What could've been.

Advertisement
Back