Not breaking news, but…

Advertisement
Finally caught up. I’ll say two things.

1. @Ghandi has been the most correct insider on this board this cycle. He said the ‘24 class would be underwhelming, and look where we are. He hasn’t been a fan of Mario and TVD, and look where we are…

2. Hopefully this isn’t true (no offense Ghandi), but if it is, Mario is COOKED here. BBQ Chicken. Finito. Nightmare scenario, and yet not surprising in the slightest. Just infuriating, and Cribby/LuCane/other reputable posters didn’t exactly refute the claim.

Interesting to see the sides people take in this thread…some are failing to remove emotion instead of looking at it from a distance. Same posters who refuse to blame Mario for anything, despite being on the verge of our worst two-year stretch since the ‘70’s LOL.

Extremely obtuse, will be a fascinating journey towards ESD.

Last edited:
Highly skeptical of this because it'd be a badddd look for both parties. Dawson would leave with a severely diminished reputation as he doesn't have the resume for his excuses of what went wrong here (even if true) to carry a lot of weight. Mario would look even worse and would seem toxic to anybody that he tries to get to come in here as OC #3 in 3 years.
Calling for scripted plays ... lack of options ...

It's giving James Coley reunion vibes.

Finally caught up. I’ll say two things.

1. Ghandi has been the most correct insider on this board this cycle. He said the ‘24 class would be underwhelming, and look where we are. He hasn’t been a fan of Mario and TVD, and look where we are…

2. Hopefully this isn’t true (no offense Ghandi), but if it is, Mario is COOKED here. BBQ Chicken. Finito. Nightmare scenario, and yet not surprising in the slightest. Just infuriating, and Cribby/LuCane/other reputable posters didn’t exactly refute the claim.

Interesting to see the sides people take in this thread…some are failing to remove emotion instead of looking at it from a distance. Same posters who refuse to blame Mario for anything, despite being on the verge of our worst two-year stretch since the ‘70’s LOL.
bc mario can do no wrong. they think hes a better coach than he actually is.

If Mario fails, it will be because he refused to adapt and they will create excuses…

If he succeeds, it will be because he adapted and they will say it was always part of the plan…

Let’s hope he adapts and we have to deal with second option…

Advertisement
Crazy how Mario wasn't meddling when we were scoring 40 a game and our QB wasn't throwing the ball to the other team LOL
None of us really know for sure if Mario is meddling but I'm not sure that pointing to the performance in those first four games really proves anything. Look who we were playing in those games. The a&m game was the aberration.

It’s also that they don’t want to accept the scenario that’s slowly developing before our eyes…which would be another 5-6 pre-determined years of mediocrity since Mario is going nowhere anytime soon.

I don’t want to accept it either. Hence why reputable posters people like Memnon, RellyRell, Angry Ibis, Cribby, HTown, Ghandi, LuCane, Mutumbo, NoFlyZone, GoGeta, Bobbydingus and plenty of others are getting extremely agitated by the lack of success we’re seeing. Mario is making this 1000x harder than it needs to be, and it’s all self-inflicted.

You want to blame the QB? That's on Mario for not addressing the QB room - it's a disaster.

You want to blame the OC? That's on Mario, we're on the verge of 3 OC's in 3 years.

You want to blame Mario for meddling? No explanation needed.

I mean it literally all ties back towards the man in charge. Blaming anyone else is a coping mechanism that I know all too well after seeing the Golden/Manny spins in their early years.

Last edited:
Mario didn't randomly decide to meddle with an offense that was humming. For whatever reason, TVD totally fell apart and became virtually unplayable. What to do about it, is what the op is talking about. Dawson had some ideas on how to get TVD going but Mario said no we're going to trot out 6 offensive lineman and another 5 tight ends and run the ball up the gut every play. Mario also clearly has zero feel for when to pull a qb as the right and obvious time to do that passed by with Mario sitting on his hands.

The overall problem here is that Mario isn't a good decision maker. I see people saying the team would be great this year if we solved the qb issue. Or if we had taken a knee. Sure. Until the next issue arises and Mario bungles that. Whatever it is. The point is that there are always road bumps and problems and issues to manage. Every year there will be a new set of challenges for the head coach to navigate. Mario can't do it. So each year we're going to be saying....we'd be great if only....
Not a good decision maker and he knows it. Which makes him indecisive. Which makes everyone around him unclear on expectations.

Advertisement
If Mario fails, it will be because he refused to adapt and they will create excuses…

If he succeeds, it will be because he adapted and they will say it was always part of the plan…

Let’s hope he adapts and we have to deal with second option…
Werent we being sold a bill of goods this entire off season that Mario had in fact adapted and that was the root of all the optimism going into the season? If this ends being true, and @Ghandi aint never lied as far as Im concerned, this could spiral completely out of control. Narrative on Mario is confirmed, and with that I dont see how we get a solid OC nor the portal QB we have gambled our future on.

What stops dawson from just running what he wants to with tempo?? U think mario’s gonna fire him during the game and take over?? Dawson gotta bet on himself and put up big #s and results and then mario cant say ****.

I mean if he’s cooked after season anyways, who cares. Put up big numbers to help your career.

What stops dawson from just running what he wants to with tempo?? U think mario’s gonna fire him during the game and take over?? Dawson gotta bet on himself and put up big #s and results and then mario cant say ****.

Why- cause TVD is the bigger issue which still gets back to Mario and Dawson over-estimating his value vs bringing in 1-2 more QBs last summer.

Advertisement
Dawson is running the same stuff he ran when tvd was playing great lol he isn’t being limited I think he’s just limited and the qb being terrible is making us look like iowa on offense

Cant say u limited and u not even being creative for simple ****..We haven’t ran a draw vs drop 8, we dont put guys in conflict vs drop 8, we dont have a creative way to get brashard the ball, we just dont do enough at all to stress defenses.

Qb obviously can’t make the same throws as he did whether its injury or mental, call some simple creative whit to get a big play..We have seen ocs do it here and every **** Saturday but we keep running the same **** hoping for different results lol
This is not correct.

I mean if he’s cooked after season anyways, who cares. Put up big numbers to help your career.

I've seen Dawson ignoring tf outta Mario on GameDay so it seems he has autonomy when the clock strikes.

It's gameplan and preparation that seems to be Mario's meddle arena. I don't even care about the Brostyle-Slowstyle as much as I care about the formations we run it from. We should be running the ball out of 01 personnel like UNC did us.

It's stops teams from loading the box and you can isolate our backs on their linebackers. But no, 11 personnel and condensed sets bringing everyone in the box, confusing the Oline, is how Mario thinks.

Advertisement
This isnt on Dawson or Mario frankly… TVD has lost his mojo and cant find an open man or get the ball to the open man… he underthrows everything.

Nothing is done until end of season. Wouldnt jump to any conclusions on staff changes.
TVD is a disappointment, there is no doubt about that but its up to the coaches to make due with what you got and adjust. We have seen TVD play for 3 years and we have see what he excels at and what he struggles with. Not only are we not adjusting, we are making everything that much easier for the defenses we face by ignoring the middle of the field. We havent exactly been playing the titans of CFB either during this stretch. TVD while disappointing is still talented enough to win those games but its up to the coaches to change it up. I dont know if its a Dawson or Mario issue, but either way it falls on Mario.

Just simply not true.

we were spread out and threw the ball around. Problem is the QB started handing ball to the other team like it was his job to.

GT and UNC offense was same in terms of formations. Clemson it was more conservative obviously with Emory. During UVA game and N. C. State it was more conservative, but that's because QB1 again was handing the ball to the other team. Wet we're trying to lean on the running game and defense which is what any intelligent person would do if their QB was turning it over at an alarming rate.

Now I would have considered mixing in some Jacurri run game for a different look, and maybe think about giving Emory a look just up settle TVD down, but the Wolfpack defense at home is very tough on young QB's IMO.
Simply is true. Both of those games were after the bye week. The NC game plan on offensewas basically GT++, a little bit more open. In all honesty Dyke was the only offense. He did have that one bad pick. But most against your argument is that the coaches Graded TVD best against UNC up to that point aside from that pick.

Just look at the personnel from the Bye week forward. You say spread but I see Cam out as the widest man. Heavy set personal out wide isn't a wide open offense. That's a FYSICAL OFFENSE

Last edited:
It’s also that they don’t want to accept the scenario that’s slowly developing before our eyes…which would be another 5-6 pre-determined years of mediocrity since Mario is going nowhere anytime soon.

I don’t want to accept it either. Hence why reputable posters people like Memnon, RellyRell, Angry Ibis, Cribby, HTown, Ghandi, LuCane, Mutumbo, NoFlyZone, GoGeta, Bobbydingus and plenty of others are getting extremely agitated by the lack of success we’re seeing. Mario is making this 1000x harder than it needs to be, and it’s all self-inflicted.

You want to blame the QB? That's on Mario for not addressing the QB room - it's a disaster.

You want to blame the OC? That's on Mario, we're on the verge of 3 OC's in 3 years.

You want to blame Mario for meddling? No explanation needed.

I mean it literally all ties back towards the man in charge. Blaming anyone else is a coping mechanism that I know all too well after seeing the Golden/Manny spins in their early years.
I agree with your post.

However, Corchobal didn't hire himself. Once again, first you hire an AD, the AD does a job search, then the AD hires the coach. If corch fails, AD fires corch.

Yes, Corchobal is to blame, but the Columbus mafia are the ones who signed a career .500 corch to a 10 year contract.

Blame the BOT for this mess.

I agree with your post.

However, Corchobal didn't hire himself. Once again, first you hire an AD, the AD does a job search, then the AD hires the coach. If corch fails, AD fires corch.

Yes, Corchobal is to blame, but the Columbus mafia are the ones who signed a career .500 corch to a 10 year contract.

Blame the BOT for this mess.
they did the same thing the other guys did before. they hired a coach without running an actual coaching search conducting interviews. they hand picked mario before the gig was even open

Advertisement
Back