Not breaking news, but…

Watch the A&M game I posted in this thread.

In that game we saw zero.zero two TE sets

we saw tempo sprinkled in

On obvious passing downs we had 4 receivers out there (McCormick no where to be found. As it should be)

Tons of creativity in the screen game (out of different sets)

McCormick wasn’t lined up wide, EVER. AS IT SHOULD BE

Using formations and personnel to hunt mismatches. Look at any of our downfield passing plays that day and you will see just that

Mcormick wasn’t lined up in the slot on obvious passing downs, the one time we did it was designed to overload one side of field and use that overloaded side as a pick play on a #4 drag. Creativity led to 1st down

we ran and passed the ball Out of two back sets with different personnel and looks

we actually spread the field to both run and pass,

Our new favorite vomit inducing play was used one time that game. we brought our receiver in-line (#4) we ran a beautiful drag for him for a touchdown out of that in-line spot. Holy **** creativity!

we used orbit motion to have Jacoby George score a touchdown.

ZERO BRO STYLE SETS. Zilch. Nada. What has changed since then. Such a hard question to answer for so many 😂

If you guys don’t want to take the time to actually compare the offenses that’s fine but at least admit that when you’re trying to say nothing has changed.
Bruh we literally did ALL of this lol it just worked vs texas a&m, idk wtf you’re watching. Teams just have film on it now, our tendencies are on record now, teams have adjusted lol.

We talkin about a WEEK 2 game

Advertisement
Probably because no one believes you are being serious lmao. It's not even debatable. I'm not sure what level trolling this is, but I like it.
Bruh the basis of what we do is the same, the **** is just on film lol like **** near all those plays have been ran in these last few weeks it’s just different when a mf know what’s coming

Bruh the basis of what we do is the same, the **** is just on film lol like **** near all those plays have been ran in these last few weeks it’s just different when a mf know what’s coming
This is an odd hill to die on. 🤣

This is an odd hill to die on. 🤣
Its the reality man lol, yall just seen that **** work and think we doing something different. Of course what u ran vs a team that didn’t respect your passing game will look different vs teams that want to take away the pass by any means

Advertisement
Its the reality man lol, yall just seen that **** work and think we doing something different. Of course what u ran vs a team that didn’t respect your passing game will look different vs teams that want to take away the pass by any means
Post a clip of Restrepo lining up at TE from any of the first 4 games.

Out here in Naples today. Glad to see Mario is having an effect on the recruiting trail:

1699547016453.jpeg

Advertisement
But it was ok to do worse to previous regimes…

Interesting
right. no one blamed fans when manny was the coahc or golden or randy (this board called randy radio for ***** sake). but for the 80 million dollar coach, we have to protect him like hes our first born. nah. if you suck, you suck. plenty of **** to do than play PR for a rich thief

He won the Pac12 when it was awful. Please tell me what gives you confidence watching him coach on Saturdays that he will be successful here? Why can some coaches with equal or lesser talent than us look so much more competent than we do?
You do realize he beat a top 5 Utah team in championship game right? Then beat a top 10 Wisconsin team in rose bowl…. He’s beat a top 5 Ohio State team AT the horseshoe..

No one is out here calling him the best coach in America, but rationalize.. what he did at Oregon was very very impressive. What he did at FIU was very very impressive. Has he been underwhelming here? Yes.

Both things can be true.

The coaching fraternity talks. Walking into this job, Mario had a terrible reputation, mainly that he was dumb as rocks. I can’t imagine how he’ll be viewed after this year if he dumps (passes blame to) another coordinator and underwhelms in recruiting. Dude is going to struggle to get people to return his calls.

Advertisement
Dawson is done here at the end of the season.

Not happy with the amount of meddling by Mario and his boyfriend (Mirabal), and his ideas to fix TVD (limit the thinking by speeding up the pace of the game) has been nixed in order to play “complementary football”.

He’s also getting some heat internally for not being able to script plays to start games to get TVD in rhythm. While this is well deserved, you can’t really roast his *** if one of the fixes he’s pitched has been declined. As a professional, he should be able to come up with a scheme (it’s been 5-weeks) to mask some of this **** and he just can’t.

Two things -

^ I believe it’s true that he’s unhappy, but the source is biased. To me, this is a bit of CYA as the season ends on a major thud. Like Gattis, the stink of this type of prolonged failure is brutal for the resume.
^ TVD’s inability to develop as a player claims yet another OC’s career. It’s no secret I have a personal dislike for him, and this only strengthens my criticism that he’s an unaccountable *** clown.

Believe what you wish, and **** all of your mothers.
So what if we speed up the tempo, TVD keeps sucking in record fast drives, the defense gets gassed and we get blown out?

Complimentary football is the name of the game.

The condensed formations are more concerning to me than the tempo.

Good job, ****heads

Brother - let me get your view on a little thought that just went through my head..

I am of the belief that Mario and the program is aware of pretty much all of the arguments/theories out there being used by the programs to negative recruit against him and UM.

Would something like this, wether it’s all true, a quarter true, 1% true or just fake news….. perhaps creates a sense of self awareness at the program (whether it’s Mario or anyone else involved) to consider the narrative must be changed?

I remember @Cribby putting things out about injuries when we had King at QB and the medical malpractice going on and he put info out there for a purpose. For it to be seen on purpose due to the harm of the player that our staff was subjecting them to.

Just putting it out there as a thought for discussion that maybe the info Ghandi has put out there, serves a purpose for the better or maybe not.

Mario didn't randomly decide to meddle with an offense that was humming. For whatever reason, TVD totally fell apart and became virtually unplayable. What to do about it is what the op is talking about. Dawson had some ideas on how to get TVD going but Mario said no we're going to trot out 6 offensive lineman and another 5 tight ends and run the ball up the gut every play. Mario also clearly has zero feel for when to pull a qb as the right and obvious time to do that passed by with Mario sitting on his hands.

The overall problem here is that Mario isn't a good decision maker. I see people saying the team would be great this year if we solved the qb issue. Or if we had taken a knee. Sure. Until the next issue arises and Mario bungles that. Whatever it is. The point is that there are always road bumps and problems and issues to manage. Every year there will be a new set of challenges for the head coach to navigate. Mario can't do it. So each year we're going to be saying....we'd be great if only....
Well said. Look no further than our clock management. That's all on Mario. He's an OL coach and good recruiter who lucked into a HC job at Oregon and parlayed it into an $80 million job at his alma mater.

Advertisement
The coaching fraternity talks. Walking into this job, Mario had a terrible reputation, mainly that he was dumb as rocks. I can’t imagine how he’ll be viewed after this year if he dumps (passes blame to) another coordinator and underwhelms in recruiting. Dude is going to struggle to get people to return his calls.
Mario isn't dumping Dawson. Dawson could be dumping him.

Advertisement
Back