Norvell's honeymoon is already over at FSU

Advertisement
I think they need to move on from him, and give Odell a year.

There's no coming back from this. Your team is on strike and recruits are watching. You can't even have a team meeting right now. Even if the article is wrong, the team feels upset that you sent an autogenerated text.
That's very clearly not what the team is upset about. Wilson clearly says that there were no individual conversations, and Norvell is very clearly saying there were. So the team is upset about him lying.

This almost rises to a fireable offense in my opinion. Lying about doing this on such a touchy subject is bad enough, but just the sheer stupidity of thinking a player wasn't going to call this out alone is also reason to get the sack. What a joke.

Their problem is they couldn't find anyone to take the job last year. He had to be their 3rd or 4th choice,

That's very clearly not what the team is upset about. Wilson clearly says that there were no individual conversations, and Norvell is very clearly saying there were. So the team is upset about him lying.

Yes, they're upset about the lying and the lack of support. That's what I am saying. They can probably be angry at both parts.

Advertisement
I think they need to move on from him, and give Odell a year.

There's no coming back from this. Your team is on strike and recruits are watching. You can't even have a team meeting right now. Even if the article is wrong, the team feels upset that you sent an autogenerated text.
This was always the move tbh. Boosters weren't having it tho.

Advertisement
I’m not sure if I’m overreacting, but it’s going to be tough for Norvell to bounce back from this. This sends a message to recruits, current players, fans, and the media that he can’t be trusted.

Norvell's only hope is that this writer is lying. Although why he, as a reporter who doesn't even cover FSU anymore, would lie about that is beyond me. But that whole thing is weird. Either way, I'm gonna believe this to be true for now because that makes FSU look bad, and I like that.

Reporters usually tape their interviews then transcribe them for guaranteed accuracy. I don't see this angle being an out for him.

The LAST thing he wants is for everyone to hear his actual voice telling a lie, Makes it even more real and damaging.

Reporters usually tape their interviews then transcribe them for guaranteed accuracy. I don't see this angle being an out for him.

The LAST thing he wants is for everyone to hear his actual voice telling a lie, Makes it even more real and damaging.
I am a reporter, believe me, I know. I have tons of interviews recorded that date back years just in case something wild was quoted like this. That's why I said his only hope is that the writer is lying. Otherwise he has no leg to stand on. But like you said, it seems so unlikely that he's gotta be done for.

Advertisement
Noles board questioning the reporters credibility 🤣🤣🤣
He was definitely race baiting when taggart got fired saying he got fired mid year cause he was black. He didn’t make up this quote though. Manny might not be a good HC but he has his players back when it comes to serious issue like the one we are dealing with now.

Advertisement
This almost rises to a fireable offense in my opinion. Lying about doing this on such a touchy subject is bad enough, but just the sheer stupidity of thinking a player wasn't going to call this out alone is also reason to get the sack. What a joke.
Not a fireable offense..but definitely a transfer portal offense..tamorian terry? Marvin Wilson? Would y’all take either?

Lol
Screenshot_20200604-003948_Chrome.jpg

I’ll just repost this. He’s a racist.

UNBELIEVABLE....
It’s time for Drew to stop talking and start listening. Although his grandparents story is touching, Jim Crow laws came into being DURING reconstruction. Here’s a thought!!!!! Black people’s grandparents served in the US military too. Kneeling helped get us to this moment. If you love that flag, more than you love black people, you ARE THE PROBLEM. That flag allows you to be ignorant and we’re all grateful for it. However, it doesn’t have the power to stop his or anyone else’s blind racism. (Stop and read “BLIND” RACISM AGAIN) Freedom and justice isn’t special, if everyone doesn’t share in them equally. So, he’s either lying, stupid or both. It’s that simple. I’ll go with both. He’s an undereducated racist.
The UNBELIEVABLE part is that FSU is crashing and burning and you're changing the subject!!! If this thread can't stay on topic what can? This is great, how did he think no one would call him out?! What an idiot

Advertisement
Back