Norvell's honeymoon is already over at FSU

When I was in high school, we couldn't wear anything above our neck in the band room. As band members, we enforced the policy upon students that came into our building. When alumni came back to visit, they also respected these rules. This has gone on since the 1980's and is still in place today at my school. I've never understood why people think this is such a terrible rule. The Marine Corps required everyone to wear a cover while outside and in uniform, and equally so, you had 0.008 seconds to remove your cover upon entering ANY building or you'd immediately get blasted. Male Marines are still not allowed to wear earrings while in uniform.

tenor (41).gif

Advertisement
I don't think it will exactly fix anything, I mean, with or without those policies the USMC would still be the most disciplined branch. My main goal was to exert the idea that it isn't exactly something that is a terrible thing or only put into place to "take-away" or oppress. My comment was kind of a mixed response to the guy I quoted, and this post/tweet;

Which suggests Norvell's policy as targeting black athletes. I don't want to defend the Nole, and maybe there's more to his policies than mentioned...but from personal experience of being in 2 very different racial environments that share the same aforementioned rules; I just don't see how people can tie in those rules, with what happened and jump to "he's racist, his players know it, he's lost the team". I just think he's a straight up dishonest POS.

I agree and never saw this about exerting control or oppressing but redirecting from a basically retarded inherited culture of dancing through football drills and focusing on things you should.

When I was in high school, we couldn't wear anything above our neck in the band room. As band members, we enforced the policy upon students that came into our building. When alumni came back to visit, they also respected these rules. This has gone on since the 1980's and is still in place today at my school. I've never understood why people think this is such a terrible rule. The Marine Corps required everyone to wear a cover while outside and in uniform, and equally so, you had 0.008 seconds to remove your cover upon entering ANY building or you'd immediately get blasted. Male Marines are still not allowed to wear earrings while in uniform.
Let me say this I understand rules and regulations that help benefit an organization, but your talking about the Marines. They are on a whole another level when it comes to authority and DISCIPLINE. If a program wants to strip you of your style and way of life, the Marines I understand why they do that. But for band for football that is over board.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back