Norv Turner available as OC

He'd be Butch David's first choice. Davis idolizes him.

I idolize Butch Davis

The Butch Davis that had to coach for all that posted a 63-43 record in college, plus got some school placed on major probation?

Nope. The Butch Davis that recruited the talent that let JJ win one NC, then leave enough for next coach to win 2 more, then return after that coach left the worst NCAA scandal in history, took over and left so many 1st round picks that a brainless old man could win one more and have a second stolen from him. That Butch Davis. Oh, also the one that hired staff full of future NFL HCs just for the heck of it. That Butch Davis. But it's a Cane thing and you just wouldn't understand.

Advertisement
Just quit the Vikings because the OL couldn't protect the qb. Should fit in here nicely!

Everybody except NFL owners knows that Turner is the worst corch in NFL history. How many times does he have to get fired before he stops getting a new head coaching job?

There are 2 people in CFB who remind me of Norv Turner. One of them is Lane Kiffin, who will soon be named head coach by an AD who fails to realize that a chimpanzee would do every bit as well as Saban's OC as Kiffin has. The other person who reminds me of Norv Turner is currently the head coach of a school located in Coral Gables, Florida. Once this person gets fired from this head job following the 2019 or 2020 season (OMG the 6 7 9 pattern reversed downward! Again!) he may somehow get another Power 5 head coaching job.

Last edited:
Just quit the Vikings because the OL couldn't protect the qb. Should fit in here nicely!

Everybody except NFL owners knows that Turner is the worst corch in NFL history. How many times does he have to get fired before he stops getting a new head coaching job?

There are 2 people in CFB who remind me of Norv Turner. One of them is Lane Kiffin, who will soon be named head coach by an AD who fails to realize that a chimpanzee would do every bit as well as Saban's OC as Kiffin has. The other person who reminds me of Norv Turner is currently the head coach of a school located in Coral Gables, Florida. Once this person gets fired from this head job following the 2019 or 2020 season (OMG the 6 7 9 pattern reversed downward! Again!) he may somehow get another Power 5 head coaching job.

Kiffin is a good oc. Bama offense wasnt that good or versatile until kiffin came there.

I idolize Butch Davis

The Butch Davis that had to coach for all that posted a 63-43 record in college, plus got some school placed on major probation?

Nope. The Butch Davis that recruited the talent that let JJ win one NC, then leave enough for next coach to win 2 more, then return after that coach left the worst NCAA scandal in history, took over and left so many 1st round picks that a brainless old man could win one more and have a second stolen from him. That Butch Davis. Oh, also the one that hired staff full of future NFL HCs just for the heck of it. That Butch Davis. But it's a Cane thing and you just wouldn't understand.

Fk bro. I'm impressed!

I idolize Butch Davis

What school did Butch Davis ere get placed on major probation?

Stop libeling the man.

It was UNC basketball breaking the rules, but since they idolize basketball more than football there, they used Butch as a scapegoat

Come on man. They did a full investigation and never found any wrong doing by the basketball program. Although I am sure they did something since McCants blew the whistle. All the stuff they did substantiate involved the football program and women's basketball program.

Advertisement
Norv Turner runs the same offense Richt does. Power run game, play action, and predominantly I formation with some shotgun built in. His stuff works when he has personnel. Not sure why he resigned as he lost Bridgewater, AP, and most of his OL. Only team that could produce with that type of misfortune (and it pains me to say it) is the NE Patriots.

Norv Turner runs the same offense Richt does. Power run game, play action, and predominantly I formation with some shotgun built in. His stuff works when he has personnel. Not sure why he resigned as he lost Bridgewater, AP, and most of his OL. Only team that could produce with that type of misfortune (and it pains me to say it) is the NE Patriots.
Norv Turner is a disciple of the Air Coryell offense. He is a throw first coordinator.

I idolize Butch Davis

Fk bro. I'm impressed!

Thank you.

Advertisement
I idolize Butch Davis

What school did Butch Davis ere get placed on major probation?

Stop libeling the man.

It was UNC basketball breaking the rules, but since they idolize basketball more than football there, they used Butch as a scapegoat

Come on man. They did a full investigation and never found any wrong doing by the basketball program. Although I am sure they did something since McCants blew the whistle. All the stuff they did substantiate involved the football program and women's basketball program.

Massive cheating scandal at UNC included athletes, fake classes and automatic grades | Fox News

Okay, was both basketball and football programs

Kiffin is a good oc. Bama offense wasnt that good or versatile until kiffin came there.

Not saying Kiffin is a bad OC but just about anybody will seem good serving under Saban and Caroll. For the most part Saban and Caroll's OCs have actually flopped once they leave those staffs. Norm Chow flopped as UCLA OC and Hawaii head coach, while McElwain and Nussmeier are creating one of the country's worst offenses at UF. All of them seemed good when they were Saban and Caroll's OC.

Norv Turner is a disciple of the Air Coryell offense. He is a throw first coordinator.

He is, and not exactly. This is pretty accurate, although about the Vikings personnel:

Norv Turner's Offense Revisited - Daily Norseman

Again, his philosophy requires a good and versatile OL, both to open holes for power running and protect the QB as downfield routes develop.

Last edited:
Advertisement

I idolize Butch Davis

Im disappointed you didnt figure a way to credit Butch with Schnelly's NC. Maybe even Sabans in Bama.

All I can say is this football season has been downright punishment to me. My favorite team (Hurricanes) and my favorite NFL team (Vikings) are exactly mirror images of each other from week to week. Beginning of the season: both defenses look nasty. Promising QB. All of a sudden both offensive lines completely fall apart, the quarterbacks start to get sacked 10 times a game and both teams losing games they should be winning. Just flucking horrible. Please make it stop!!!!!

Advertisement
Norv would be a nice "offensive consultant" for some time.

Yeah. He could tell them to get Tuinei, Williams, Newton and Stepnoski up front. Then he could tell them to get Emmitt Smith and Daryl Johnston in the backfield with Troy Aikman. Get yourself a Mike Irving and Alvin Harper outside with Jay Novacek at TE.

I idolize Butch Davis

Im disappointed you didnt figure a way to credit Butch with Schnelly's NC. Maybe even Sabans in Bama.

Can't think of a way for Howard's but I'll take a go at Saban's. Had Butch NOT gone to the NFL, Miami would have crushed Urban and Saban rise. They would have both been short-changed on top recruits and Miami would have remained overloaded. Each might have gotten one but that's all. How's that?

Advertisement
Back