Northwestern University football players can unionize

That will be the answer by universities, they will pay the players however the players will sign 4 yr binding contracts, and the contract will cover the cost of school. The problem then will be that the kids will blow the money, rack up a bunch of college debt and then graduate, not make the NFL and be ******* in debt with a degree in addition. I like the idea, however I have a bad feeling this will not end well.

I mean, if I could have gone to the U free of charge, I would have. These guys want to get paid, without seeing the value in the 90k yearly education they're getting. So pay them and charge them for school. Let them have crippling debt just like the rest of us.

When is the last time you tried to pay for something with an education? You ever show up in a Best Buy and try and pay for a flat screen with some Encyclopedia Brittanicas?

My local credit union used to give out $1 per A on our report cards if we had an account there!!!!!

Advertisement
That will be the answer by universities, they will pay the players however the players will sign 4 yr binding contracts, and the contract will cover the cost of school. The problem then will be that the kids will blow the money, rack up a bunch of college debt and then graduate, not make the NFL and be ******* in debt with a degree in addition. I like the idea, however I have a bad feeling this will not end well.

I mean, if I could have gone to the U free of charge, I would have. These guys want to get paid, without seeing the value in the 90k yearly education they're getting. So pay them and charge them for school. Let them have crippling debt just like the rest of us.

When is the last time you tried to pay for something with an education? You ever show up in a Best Buy and try and pay for a flat screen with some Encyclopedia Brittanicas?

No one pays with the education directly, an education can generate an income that buys stuff. But you're right, Best Buy will not accept a copy of your dissertation, or let you pay by listening to all about your detailed knowledge of dinosaur poo.

So this will allow schools to "fire" all the underperforming Title 9 propped up sports/athletes, right? They all "employees", right?

Advertisement
Back