North Texas’ Graham Harrell, For OC?

jjjrcanes

Sophomore
Anyone else hearing this? I’m no insider but his bio I approve of! You guys roasted Manny when he can with zero notoriety but he turned out OK. His bio and vision on DF excited me if it could translate to the field, which it did.

Harrell’s offense will kill it in Miami if he.can translate his vision on the field and another plus! He was a QB in a high actane OF and he coaches the quarterback position.

Harrell is 33 and won’t get a call for a HCng gig in a while, so we have him for a few years unlike some of the other bigger names out there. JMO!

Advertisement
I'd love this. Watched some NT games this year. He had Mason Fine balling. Would bring the spread, played for Leach. Young and innovative.

I've been all in on Major for like a week now but Graham would kill it here.

I don't think anyone roasted Manny for having zero "notoriety" in fact, it was kind of the opposite. He was roasted mostly because of what happened in Texas which weighs more on Mac than Manny in my opinion.

But I digress. Would love to see Graham on our staff. UNT put up some major points last year. One thing to note is that Blake Baker actually held them to their 2nd fewest point total during the regular season.

We see the trend in the NFL of young offensive minded coaches with a gunslinger mentality getting scooped up everywhere. They all want the next Sean McVay. Graham is in the same mold. USC or even Arizona (Kliff is there) maybe pick him up? Either way, I think he definitely gets picked up somewhere and I'd love to have him on staff.

Im glad at least one air raid guy is being considered.

I’d be elated if Harrell or Yost we’re named OC

There are questions with any potential hire and my question for an air raid guy is, how does he use the RBs? Those air raid offenses seem to be shut down by strong defenses because it's all flash. Does he run a somewhat balanced offense?

Advertisement
I wonder if Les Miles tries to hire him at Kansas?

Or Mike Grundy brings him to Stillwater?

You’d think those would be easy spots for him to grab, and he’d stay in an area where his recruiting ties are strongest.

We’re the “better” job. But quality of life matters.

Barry Jackson included Graham’s name on folks Mannys looked into...and despite all kicking of tires, insinuates he’s still looking for an OC. His tweet was an article from the other site that came out an hour ago

Advertisement
I wish. But I feel like if it was a guy who is currently employed that it would have gotten out by now.

He showed up to North Texas and year one they had an offense in the 100s.

Then the last two seasons under him he’s completely turned it around and they’ve been in the top 25 back-to-back seasons. He also runs the style of offense manny has claimed he wants.

I’m a huge fan.

Advertisement
This is the guy I would like to see get the job, but I haven’t heard anything reported to suggest that he is actually being considered.
There was the one report the other day that said Manny looked into Harrell among the others we know.

I too would love this. Guy would be a **** of a QB coach too.

Advertisement
There was the one report the other day that said Manny looked into Harrell among the others we know.

I too would love this. Guy would be a **** of a QB coach too.

Did not see that report. That’s very, very encouraging.

Gut feeling is Manny has an A list from the likes of guys that have coached in CFP. But. . . .Will they leave their established programs? Graham may be on the next list. Graham would fit in well here with what Manny says he wants to do.

Advertisement
Back