North Florida vs Miami Game Thread November 29th 2020 at 6 pm on the ACCN

Advertisement
Advertisement
No sports psychologist here, but getting the feeling Lykes feels the competition, and is just not loose (or confident) enough when shooting so far

It’s game 1 and I’m already tired of McGusty and Lykes lol.
I don't recall you in here in previous years but most will tell you that I'm not a Lykes fan as a starting caliber guard in ACC. Off the bench for a spark absolutely. Mcgusty was not pretty at times either last season. Both him and Lykes tend to force the issue far too often.

Advertisement
I don't recall you in here in previous years but most will tell you that I'm not a Lykes fan as a starting caliber guard in ACC. Off the bench for a spark absolutely. Mcgusty was not pretty at times either last season. Both him and Lykes tend to force the issue far too often.
I haven’t been I just joined a couple months ago. Yea both of them were tough to watch last year. Started out good but as the season went on not so much. I think they were hurt too.

Advertisement
Advertisement
If the Canes want to be competitive in the ACC, some changes have to be made. Unless something changes over the next few games, Lykes might be better providing a spark off the bench.

The Canes need to get a lot better all around. Rebounds, lack of assists and turnovers were the major issues last season (I think the Canes were last or next-to-last in the ACC in all those categories), and these issues still linger in this game against inferior competition. 18 assists was a slight improvement, but 16 turnovers is unacceptable. The Canes out rebounded UNF by 13, but that is to be expected. This will not get it done against ACC caliber teams, but Coach L has time to fix this

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back