Norland - No CB Visits

Advertisement
Have they had a corner worth a ****?

Just saying...Someone may be slipping my mind obviously. But if other coaches are stopping by would a corner coach need to if not his area and no UM corner prospect?

Every single coach from the University of Miami should show face at Carol City and Norland at least once a year. Carol City is a feeder school for UM. Here's the crazy part:

-Go to American High
-Drive 10-15min east and go to Carol City High
-Drive 8-10 min east and go to Norland
-Drive 10-15 min North/West and visit Miramar

Congrats, you just visited the schools that gifted you Duke Johnson, Ereck Flowers, Kareem Brown, Allen Hurns, Kenny Phillips, Tracy Howard, and Jermaine Grace (I left out Santana Moss/Randy Shannon because they were a while ago now). This only took 3 hours out of your ******* year. Now go do the same to the cluster of schools in the city...where I'm sure someone who knows how to navigate Edison, Central, The West, BTW, and Jackson can similarly explain how easy that road trip would be.

Sound like he said plenty of Miami visits.

Don’t get what the issue is.

If you don’t have a corner/DB we want, why would a corner backs coach even visit that much?

I would expect nothing more than perfunctory visits from defensive back coaches, if they don’t have anyone we want, as long as the school is maintaining recruiting relationships overall with a school - that’s what really counts.

This is just bltching about nothing, trying to find things to be outraged about. And in the end what difference does it make, Rumph is gone anyway
Has there been DB talent at Norland to recruit?
Nadab Joseph , Carlton Davis

Every single coach from the University of Miami should show face at Carol City and Norland at least once a year. Carol City is a feeder school for UM. Here's the crazy part:

-Go to American High
-Drive 10-15min east and go to Carol City High
-Drive 8-10 min east and go to Norland
-Drive 10-15 min North/West and visit Miramar

Congrats, you just visited the schools that gifted you Duke Johnson, Ereck Flowers, Kareem Brown, Allen Hurns, Kenny Phillips, Tracy Howard, and Jermaine Grace (I left out Santana Moss/Randy Shannon because they were a while ago now). This only took 3 hours out of your ******* year. Now go do the same to the cluster of schools in the city...where I'm sure someone who knows how to navigate Edison, Central, The West, BTW, and Jackson can similarly explain how easy that road trip would be.

This + a billion.

Everyone (including coaches) always brag on the SFL athlete and the SLF football player. They need to make the rounds frequently to these schools about which they brag so much.

Good post.

Advertisement
Sound like he said plenty of Miami visits.

Don’t get what the issue is.

If you don’t have a corner/DB we want, why would a corner backs coach even visit that much?

I would expect nothing more than perfunctory visits from defensive back coaches, if they don’t have anyone we want, as long as the school is maintaining recruiting relationships overall with a school - that’s what really counts.

This is just bltching about nothing, trying to find things to be outraged about. And in the end what difference does it make, Rumph is gone anyway
Kick'em while they're down type of crowd.

there are 15-20 schools in south florida that deserve AT LEAST a couple of visits each year by each coach. Norland is one of them. just a 10-15 minute hellos means a **** of a lot to the HS coaches and foments the relationship that will produce commits. it could not be any clearer to me.

and this isn't nit-picking. these schools are within minutes of the U.

Advertisement
Norland isn't his area. But yeah, he should've at least stopped by once within the **** year.
It isnt his area...but i think he lived in the Miramar out west area at a time. Unless he moved after becoming a um coach. Norland is 15-20min from Miramar in traffic.

Im gonna repeat this isnt wasnt his area...and Field and others went there. Heidelburg is a pretty solid coach,w ould be a guy i would keep cool with because Norland will every 3 years pop with a nice recruit or so.

Sometimes its just good seeing a UM coach pop in at a school..it creates some lure and hype. To be honest if your popping in at Miramar or Carol City it makes NO SENSe not to go to Norland that is under 10mins from both schools

Last edited:
It isnt his area...but i think he lived in the Miramar out west area at a time. Unless he moved after becoming a um coach. Norland is 15-20min from Miramar in traffic.

Im gonna repeat this isnt wasnt his area...and Field and others went there. Heidelburg is a pretty solid coach,w ould be a guy i would keep cool with because Norland will every 3 years pop with a nice recruit or so.

Sometimes its just good seeing a UM coach pop in at a school..it creates some lure and hype. To be honest if your popping in at Miramar or Carol City it makes NO SENSe not to go to Norland that is under 10mins from both schools
Lmao keep reading bro I said the same ****

Mfs arguing about Rumph's Norland visits while we have another staff member who previously WORKED FOR said Norland coach and is assigned said school. Talm about relationships. Man already got fired, can he live?

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
Back