Norland - No CB Visits

rsa coral gables

Malentendido
Premium
Reading Manny Navarro's article on the impact of hiring T-Rob, I found these little juicy nuggets: Heidelburg, who coached Miami’s all-time leading rusher, Duke Johnson, and offensive tackle Ereck Flowers, a first-round pick who played for the Hurricanes and is now with the Dolphins, said

" . . . t’s been a few years since UM’s cornerbacks coach stopped by his school. I know Rumph, but I don’t ever remember Rumph coming to Norland,” Heidelburg said. “I mean, maybe it wasn’t his school. I know they have their specific schools that they’re assigned to. I mean (Manny) Diaz has been by, (tight ends coach Stephen) Field has been by. O-line coach (Garin Justice) was here to get Ike (Issiah Walker). “But Mike Rumph? I don’t remember him doing that. I’ve met the coordinators, known Diaz for a little minute. ****, Field used to work for me. Hopefully, (T-Rob) will be another guy we have stop for them. … Like I said, I don’t mind my guys going to UM at all.”

This is negligence from the very top (Diaz) to Rumph. Reminds me of the Golden days. How does that happen? Don't salesman stop by potential customers just to say hello and maintain the relationship?

[edited to include a longer quote]

Advertisement
Reading Manny Navarro's article on the impact of hiring T-Rob, I found this little juicy nugget: Heidelburg, who coached Miami’s all-time leading rusher, Duke Johnson, and offensive tackle Ereck Flowers, a first-round pick who played for the Hurricanes and is now with the Dolphins, said it’s been a few years since UM’s cornerbacks coach stopped by his school.

This is negligence from the very top (Diaz) to Rumph. Reminds me of the Golden days. How does that happen? Don't salesman stop by potential customers just to say hello and maintain the relationship?

Norland isn't his area. But yeah, he should've at least stopped by once within the **** year.

Advertisement
Have they had a corner worth a ****?

Just saying...Someone may be slipping my mind obviously. But if other coaches are stopping by would a corner coach need to if not his area and no UM corner prospect?

that's the point. it doesn't matter if they have no good CBs prospects. are you going to visit ONLY when they have prospects or are you going to visit to create and maintain a relationship? ****, it's not like he has to get on a plane. He can get in his car and drive 30 minutes from the Gables.

that's the point. it doesn't matter if they have no good CBs prospects. are you going to visit ONLY when they have prospects or are you going to visit to create and maintain a relationship? ****, it's not like he has to get on a plane. He can get in his car and drive 30 minutes from the Gables.

Ehhh if other UM coaches are visiting...And believe me I hated Mike Rumph's recruiting as we all should. But his job is to visit his area and his corner targets. Not going to disagree with you but not in full agreement. There's always a coach pops off every single time new fires/hires

I remember when Golden was lauded as a savior because he was making the rounds and Shannon ignored everyone in Dade for years (other than NW/BTW early on)...Good times.

Advertisement
Not taking up for Rumph but this coach is lame as **** for this. He literally singled out one of 10 coaches lol probably just to pile on after the man has been dismissed. Has Norland had a stud corner recently?

Advertisement
Laziness and recruiting don't mix.
If that’s not his area I don’t think we can call him lazy. If there was no prospect there for him to recruit and it’s out of his area then why would he need to stop there. UM had a presence there. You have to ask yourself what was the purpose of that article. The coach knows that not all coaches cover his school. The guy has been fired but for some reason we need to pour concrete on his grave. The guy bleeds orange and green!

Advertisement
Not taking up for Rumph but this coach is lame as **** for this. He literally singled out one of 10 coaches lol probably just to pile on after the man has been dismissed. Has Norland had a stud corner recently?
Sounds like he was the one out of 10 not visiting

Sound like he said plenty of Miami visits.

Don’t get what the issue is.

If you don’t have a corner/DB we want, why would a corner backs coach even visit that much?

I would expect nothing more than perfunctory visits from defensive back coaches, if they don’t have anyone we want, as long as the school is maintaining recruiting relationships overall with a school - that’s what really counts.

This is just bltching about nothing, trying to find things to be outraged about. And in the end what difference does it make, Rumph is gone anyway

Advertisement
Back