Norchad Omier Twitter

Advertisement
You're setting the bar way too low. Let's break it down. Just off of offensive rebounds and putbacks, he should be able to get 2 buckets (4pts) a game. From the FT line I'd say another 4-6 ppg. And another 6-10 ppg off the offense, whether it's dump-offs for dunks, post ups, or short jumpers. So, if it plays out like this he should be able to get on average anywhere between 14-20 points per game. Being a good rebounder isn't necessarily just off size. A lot of it has to do with positioning and activity. IF Omier can do those 2 things well, he's athletic enough to average around double digits boards next season.

Man, why are you keeping receipts on this?

1) I'm obviously thrilled he exceeded my expectations
2) I said way back then that my expectations (10 and 8) were "a tad conservative"
3) And I was still closer than you lol. You said anywhere from 14-20. He was less than 14, below the minimum you thought he could average. Was he close? Sure - but that's not how minmums work. And averaging 20 would’ve made him 1st team AA, while he was only 3rd team All ACC. You also said 4-6 pts from the line. He was under 3.

Anyways, I'm only being petty bc you tagged me lol. Go Canes

2) I said way back then that my expectations (10 and 8) were "a tad conservative"
3) And I was still closer than you lol. You said anywhere from 14-20. He was less than 14, below the minimum you thought he could average. Was he close? Sure - but that's not how minmums work. And averaging 20 would’ve made him 1st team AA, while he was only 3rd team All ACC. You also said 4-6 pts from the line. He was under 3.

But are you ready to agree that 2 successive elite 8+ runs is not “luck” and KenPom is a deeply flawed ranking system?

I'm glad you're thrilled but still think your expectations were pretty low for Omier.

This was my original post re: Omier.
Going to be interesting to see how his game translates to the ACC where as you all know guys are bigger, stronger, more athletic and talented than the Sun Belt. I don't expect him to put up the same kind of numbers as he did at Arkansas St. but do think he's going to have some success here. I can see him putting up numbers that'll give him a chance to make one of the all-conference teams in year 1. Omier may not have the ideal size to play the post in the NBA, but I think he's athletic enough to get away with it in the ACC. I can see him putting up 15 ppg and 6-8 rebs per game next year.
Omier put up 13 & 10 in his first season at Miami. I think my 15 & 8 is closer to that than your original post where you said you'd be happy if he got 10 & 8.

Whatever the case, I think we can all agree that we're happy to see Omier doing well in a Canes uniform. Hopefully, we'll get him for another year as well.

GO CANES!!!

I'm glad you're thrilled but still think your expectations were pretty low for Omier.

This was my original post re: Omier.

Omier put up 13 & 10 in his first season at Miami. I think my 15 & 8 is closer to that than your original post where you said you'd be happy if he got 10 & 8.

Whatever the case, I think we can all agree that we're happy to see Omier doing well in a Canes uniform. Hopefully, we'll get him for another year as well.

GO CANES!!!

Well you said 6-8 rebounds, so you can't take credit for the 8. Split the difference and call it 7.

So you missed on the points by 2 and on the boards by 3. I missed on the points by 3 and the boards by 2.

I'm claiming a draw.

Go Canes

Advertisement
Well you said 6-8 rebounds, so you can't take credit for the 8. Split the difference and call it 7.

So you missed on the points by 2 and on the boards by 3. I missed on the points by 3 and the boards by 2.

I'm claiming a draw.

Go Canes
You're splitting hairs here, but be as it may, one thing I was 100% correct on was that you set the bar low for Norchad "NIca Power" Omier!!! GO CANES!!!

I agree except I think he'll score a little less and rebound a little more. I'll go 10-12 ppg and 9-10 boards a game.

We have to consider that L runs a guard oriented offense. He typically relies on his bigs to clean up the glass and score on putbacks. With Wong, Pack, and Miller, the offense will run thru those 3.
I was **** close. He was at 13 and 10.

Thanks for the jinx. He was dominated tonight.

Oh well, great season
No jinx. No coincidence neither. He was outgunned. In Allapattah, we'd refer it more to him getting jumped. It was like a fight between 3-4 guys against 1. Mainly, Omier ran into a buzz saw tonight. Their 2 freshmen (Karajan & Clinton) gave us headaches all night long, but Adam Sanogo was the back breaker. I was hoping we'd see the Sanogo (10pts & 10rebs) who played vs Gonzaga. Unfortunately for us we saw the other one. The one who averaged 22 & 10 in his first 4 games of the NCAA tourney. One thing I will say about Omier and the rest of the UM crew tonight, our guys played hard. Didn't always play smart, but we left it all out on the floor. Absolutely nothing to be ashamed of. Hats off to UConn. They were clearly the better team tonight. They brought their A game. We brought our B/C game. Would've loved to see how we would've fared tonight with our A game. Oh well. What a great ******' 2 year run by the University of Miami Hurricanes!!! There's always next year. Hope this run continues. GO CANES!

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back