Norchad Omier Twitter

Advertisement
Advertisement
Going to be interesting to see how his game translates to the ACC where as you all know guys are bigger, stronger, more athletic and talented than the Sun Belt. I don't expect him to put up the same kind of numbers as he did at Arkansas St. but do think he's going to have some success here. I can see him putting up numbers that'll give him a chance to make one of the all-conference teams in year 1. Omier may not have the ideal size to play the post in the NBA, but I think he's athletic enough to get away with it in the ACC. I can see him putting up 15 ppg and 6-8 rebs per game next year.

Advertisement
He's a piece that every team needs...that nuts and bolts guy who does all the dirty work and if you leave him open to double others he will kill you.

He will have some stat games that look like he had zero impact but its why stats dont always tell the story. Then he will have a game where someone dares him to beat them and he goes for 28 and 12 and puts someones big in foul trouble with put back points and High IQ plays.

Going to be interesting to see how his game translates to the ACC where as you all know guys are bigger, stronger, more athletic and talented than the Sun Belt. I don't expect him to put up the same kind of numbers as he did at Arkansas St. but do think he's going to have some success here. I can see him putting up numbers that'll give him a chance to make one of the all-conference teams in year 1. Omier may not have the ideal size to play the post in the NBA, but I think he's athletic enough to get away with it in the ACC. I can see him putting up 15 ppg and 6-8 rebs per game next year.
I agree except I think he'll score a little less and rebound a little more. I'll go 10-12 ppg and 9-10 boards a game.

We have to consider that L runs a guard oriented offense. He typically relies on his bigs to clean up the glass and score on putbacks. With Wong, Pack, and Miller, the offense will run thru those 3.

No chance. That would be the best season by a Canes big of all time. L said he was struggling to guard Aire in practice lol.

i'd be happy with 10 and 8.
You're setting the bar way too low. Let's break it down. Just off of offensive rebounds and putbacks, he should be able to get 2 buckets (4pts) a game. From the FT line I'd say another 4-6 ppg. And another 6-10 ppg off the offense, whether it's dump-offs for dunks, post ups, or short jumpers. So, if it plays out like this he should be able to get on average anywhere between 14-20 points per game. Being a good rebounder isn't necessarily just off size. A lot of it has to do with positioning and activity. IF Omier can do those 2 things well, he's athletic enough to average around double digits boards next season.

Advertisement
You're setting the bar way too low. Let's break it down. Just off of offensive rebounds and putbacks, he should be able to get 2 buckets (4pts) a game. From the FT line I'd say another 4-6 ppg. And another 6-10 ppg off the offense, whether it's dump-offs for dunks, post ups, or short jumpers. So, if it plays out like this he should be able to get on average anywhere between 14-20 points per game. Being a good rebounder isn't necessarily just off size. A lot of it has to do with positioning and activity. IF Omier can do those 2 things well, he's athletic enough to average around double digits boards next season.
I don't think math is reasonable at all. To hit that level of production, he either leads us in FGAs (0% chance in an L offense) or leads the ACC in efficiency (1% chance).

Look at his numbers vs P6 teams last year. He was overwhelmed. We haven't heard great things from him in practice yet, either.

20 points per game is an AA season. Please save the unreasonable expectations for the football board!

I don't think math is reasonable at all. To hit that level of production, he either leads us in FGAs (0% chance in an L offense) or leads the ACC in efficiency (1% chance).

Look at his numbers vs P6 teams last year. He was overwhelmed. We haven't heard great things from him in practice yet, either.

20 points per game is an AA season. Please save the unreasonable expectations for the football board!

I don't think he'd have to lead us in FGAs or the ACC in efficiency to have a good season. If he shoots 50% which is very possible in the post with 9-10 attempts per game (that won't lead us in attempts) would give him 10 points. Add a few FTs per game to that and that puts him close to 15 ppg. Unreasonable expectations??? In the referenced post, I gave a best case scenario at 20ppg. You said you'd be happy with 10/8. In my original post I said 15 pts and 6-8 rebs per game. Not that big a difference if you ask me.

Advertisement
I don't think he'd have to lead us in FGAs or the ACC in efficiency to have a good season. If he shoots 50% which is very possible in the post with 9-10 attempts per game (that won't lead us in attempts) would give him 10 points. Add a few FTs per game to that and that puts him close to 15 ppg. Unreasonable expectations??? In the referenced post, I gave a best case scenario at 20ppg. You said you'd be happy with 10/8. In my original post I said 15 pts and 6-8 rebs per game. Not that big a difference if you ask me.
These numbers are pie in the sky. ~5 made FTs per game is a ton. I went back to 2013 and couldn't find a single Canes player that averaged that. Omier was at 3.9 playing in the Sun Belt.

There's a HUGE difference between averaging 10 and 15 (not to mention 20). In one game? No, just a couple of buckets, not a big difference. Over the course of a season? Yeah, that's night and day. That's the difference between being a top ~10 ACC player and a top ~50 ACC player.

10 and 8 is probably a tad conservative, but I doubt he'll be much higher than that. If he is, we're probably a 1 or 2 seed.

These numbers are pie in the sky. ~5 made FTs per game is a ton. I went back to 2013 and couldn't find a single Canes player that averaged that. Omier was at 3.9 playing in the Sun Belt.

There's a HUGE difference between averaging 10 and 15 (not to mention 20). In one game? No, just a couple of buckets, not a big difference. Over the course of a season? Yeah, that's night and day. That's the difference between being a top ~10 ACC player and a top ~50 ACC player.

10 and 8 is probably a tad conservative, but I doubt he'll be much higher than that. If he is, we're probably a 1 or 2 seed.
I don't think I ever said he's likely to average 20 ppg. Possible? Maybe. Who knows. Time will tell, I guess. But I don't think most people including coaching staff and Omier himself are going into the season thinking 10 & 8 from him will suffice. If a guy like Ebuka Izundu can average 11ppg and 8rpg in a season playing in the ACC, I think someone coming off POY award can do better. As Canes fans, let's hope I'm right and you're not. GO CANES!!!

If Nysier can average 10 and 7 as a 9th year grad transfer at Ole Miss after playing like a 7 foot vag for UM, IMO Omier should easily beat that.

Advertisement
Back