Norchad Omier (‘s height) (RETURNING TO MIAMI - POST #12)

Is Cleveland really a "front court" player? I wouldn't be surprised at all if he's starting at the 2 alongside Pack at PG. Much depends on how good George is.

6’7” and averaged 7.4 rebounds/game. He’s every bit as much of a forward as Miller… but he also has the athleticism to play the 3. I don’t know if his handle is good enough for the 2.

Advertisement
6’7” and averaged 7.4 rebounds/game. He’s every bit as much of a forward as Miller… but he also has the athleticism to play the 3. I don’t know if his handle is good enough for the 2.
If George is not ready, I'm not sure we have a good replacement for Pack at the 2 (Pack moving to the PG spot). Hopefully, one of several possibilities pans out. I'm with you as to wondering if any option has the handle needed. Actually, Joseph does but I see him backing up Pack.

If George is not ready, I'm not sure we have a good replacement for Pack at the 2 (Pack moving to the PG spot). Hopefully, one of several possibilities pans out. I'm with you as to wondering if any option has the handle needed. Actually, Joseph does but I see him backing up Pack.
I think you meant Wong. You can have Pack and Bens on the court in spots but now we are vulnerable height wise.

I think they believe Wooga is picking up for Wong probably at the 2. No doubt they are playing George. He is interchangeable at 2 or 3.

We had 11 offensive rebounds in the first half and couldn't buy a bucket. We had some good looks but just missed from mid-range and out. We also got some critical calls against us when we started to make some runs.
I think UConn’s height affected our shots. You know how that works when trying to shoot over a really tall or long player and you shoot with a higher arc or you can’t see the basket as well. Height impacts shooting percentage inside the lane more than it does with 3 point shots. We still missed some that we normally make but I do believe UConn impacted our shooting with their height and length.

And yeah the refs did not help us one bit. 2 years in a row in elimination games that the refs impacted our game negatively.

Is Cleveland really a "front court" player? I wouldn't be surprised at all if he's starting at the 2 alongside Pack at PG. Much depends on how good George is.
Matt does not dribble well enough to be a guard. Ever since AAU he has played inside and has bacially jumperd over people to the point that hes never had to develop his ball handling. Now with our staff any development is possible so a lot can change between now and November, but Matt is not naturally a guard.
He basically dribbles like Wooga; 1-2 dribbles and look to shoot or pass.

Advertisement

I’m curious to see where Watson fits. L was teetering on bringing him into the rotation last year.

I do think we’ll see Bens at the 2 quite a bit this year… maybe more than some would like.

But either Watson or George certainly have the opportunity to play their way into a starting role in the backcourt.

I would love to see Poplar at the 2 but his handle will need to be way better for that to work.

I think you meant Wong. You can have Pack and Bens on the court in spots but now we are vulnerable height wise.

I think they believe Wooga is picking up for Wong probably at the 2. No doubt they are playing George. He is interchangeable at 2 or 3.
We might both be wrong abut all your points, but I could not agree more.
My only concern is losing Wooga on the baseline if he moves to the 2 because he looked so comfortable (except against UConn) shooting and driving from the corner. For Wooga’s NBA future he is well served moving to the 2 and developing his skills from the top of the arc.

We might both be wrong abut all your points, but I could not agree more.
My only concern is losing Wooga on the baseline if he moves to the 2 because he looked so comfortable (except against UConn) shooting and driving from the corner. For Wooga’s NBA future he is well served moving to the 2 and developing his skills from the top of the arc.
I really like Wooga's game and it was nice to see the huge jump he took last season. I'm also a fan of his corner jumper (reminiscent of the great James Jones).

As for playing the 2, he just looks a bit too stiff for me. The game out front is so much faster than it is inside or on the baseline. I wonder if opposing guards will pressure him into TOs and that will affect other parts of his game. Keeping him in the corner is sort of a "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" thing to me.

Woogas' handle can and most likely IS being developed as we speak. But Wooga had nice enough handle to attack the rim successfully on a few ocassions last year.

I don't think he's far off. He'll be more confident next season.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back