Norchad Omier (‘s height) (RETURNING TO MIAMI - POST #12)

Advertisement
Greg Olsen Shrug GIF by Carolina Panthers

Advertisement
He is the same size as Charles Barkley when he was at Auburn. BTW, 6'6" was overly generous for Barkley in college. Very much the same type of player as Barkley in college.
I think Barkley moved better and was light on his feet, especially for a guy who could reach 300 lbs in college. Now Omier also moves very well for his size, but Barkley is a freak of nature. Check out some of his Auburn highlights and early Sixers. Brother was going coast to coast and beating everyone up the court. Crazy.

I think Barkley moved better and was light on his feet, especially for a guy who could reach 300 lbs in college. Now Omier also moves very well for his size, but Barkley is a freak of nature. Check out some of his Auburn highlights and early Sixers. Brother was going coast to coast and beating everyone up the court. Crazy.
I saw Barkley live his sophomore season. Yes, he was a freak of nature. Would have made an all-pro tight end.

Norchad does remind me of him in college in many ways with how he used his body on the glass and around the paint.

I saw Barkley live his sophomore season. Yes, he was a freak of nature. Would have made an all-pro tight end.

Norchad does remind me of him in college in many ways with how he used his body on the glass and around the paint.
I wish I had seen Barkley live. I saw maybe 5-6 of the college games he played since the sport was not ubiquitous as it is now. And then as a Sixers fan I loved the draft pick, even if Bobby Knight cut him from the Olympic team.

Advertisement
Dejuan Blair is his ceiling imo. Not as offensively skilled but very close to same builds and athletic ability. Neither guy is explosive , more girth and strength.
Omier needs to improve his ball handling and mid-range jump shot. He does those 2 things and he should be playing in the NBA and not Europe.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
crazy but I dont think we should push our luck with no depth again and playing tourney games hoping the undersized guy doesnt get hurt (duke acc tourney) or ever in foul trouble (basically all ncaa tourney)
two incredible march runs but both led to us getting ran off the floor by teams far more physical than us. I get trying to keep a good thing going… which going to elite 8 and final 4 are incredible runs. But why not try to get over that hump by bringing in some size that can match the physicality of the Kansas & UCONN’s of the world.

Advertisement
Back