Noles want coach "O"

Was Coker really that bad, especially with the benefit of hindsight? He was one officiating call from 2 titles.

And he ultimately got on the hot seat because of consecutive 3 loss seasons. Nowadays, after a 3 loss season at Miami, everybody’s screaming “all hail the king.” If you don’t believe me, look at how ecstatic everybody was after the 2017 season.

Heck, now we’re at the point where people are ecstatic about a 3 game winning streak over mediocre competition. Yeah, improvement! As if it were possible not to improve after losing at home to a team that lost to the Citadel.

Looking back it’s kinda crazy

Advertisement
Yep. We should have picked Coker's successor by open plebiscite on Grassy, the main Miami board if the time. Nowhere would you see gathered so many wisemen of college football in one place...like that place the ancient Greeks had, I think. I can't remember the place.. I kinda remember from school they had thi place in ancient Greece where the wisemen all gathered... well Grassy was kinda like that.

Maybe it was called the Rathskeller or something like that.

I still feel that what led to Randy's downfall was his failure to regularly consult Grassy's recruiting board for the best advice on recruiting evaluations.
Funny thing is....Grassy's recruiting board evaluations turned out better than Onions...

Was Coker really that bad, especially with the benefit of hindsight? He was one officiating call from 2 titles.

And he ultimately got on the hot seat because of consecutive 3 loss seasons. Nowadays, after a 3 loss season at Miami, everybody’s screaming “all hail the king.” If you don’t believe me, look at how ecstatic everybody was after the 2017 season.

Heck, now we’re at the point where people are ecstatic about a 3 game winning streak over mediocre competition. Yeah, improvement! As if it were possible not to improve after losing at home to a team that lost to the Citadel.
Cokers recruiting went into the toilet similar to Erickson's from 92-94.....

Advertisement
D05676E3-F4C6-4CF8-AE67-C4D273D98321.png

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
A meltdown over that? FSU fans should be thrilled that they dodged the Mark Stoops bullet.

FSU fans should be melting down because it appears that their program is getting rejected early and often. People on this very site were claiming FSU was a top ten college coaching job yet FSU can’t even get a 41-44 coach being paid 4.25 million to go 5-5 this year to consider them.

Personally I think they need to hire a new Athletic Director first. Any coach worth anything knows that right now the AD is a lame duck, the program can’t do anything without boosters, and the culture is screwed up. FSU needs a disciplinarian to come in and cut the fat all over and establish who runs who. Everything I read sounds like boosters and fans believe Taggart was the only problem and that the players and rest of the staff weren’t. They are deluding themselves.

Last edited:
If they plan on hiring Campbell they'll probably wait until the season is over & offer him a deal sometime in December.

But his buyout right now is $2million if they hire him before February 1st 2020, if they hire him anytime after it increases to $7million due to the contract extension he signed with ISU last year in June 2018.

I'm not that worried about Campbell to FSU, he's a Midwestern Ohio guy not really a crazy recruiter but a very good coach. I think he'd have them running properly after a few years but it would take him some time to learn the full recruiting landscape down in Florida.

Norvell would be a nightmare, he's transformed every Offense he's gotten his hands on, the last time AZ St won 10 games back to back was with Norvell as OC, he's had Memphis as a top 10 offense the last 2 years, he's a great QB developer & their rushing offense is always stellar.

Advertisement
Back