Noles trying for Franklin

Advertisement
Advertisement
I don’t think the Noles have the cash to sign a guy like Franklin...The school is strapped and just took up an 18 million dollar collection to buyout Willie and it will cost them another 30+ to sign Franklin...

Unless they have a couple boosters willing to foot the bill I see them going with somebody a whole lot cheaper...jmo

Advertisement
Pretty sure he has his sights on the USC gig.
I doubt he leaves Penn St. He grew up in PA. If he did leave, it would definitely be for USC over FSU. FSU is in much worse shape than we are. At least we have an O-line that can develop. Their offensive line is a reboot for the next 3 years. They're going to lose their best players to the NFL in Marvin Wilson, Tamorrion Terry,and Cam Akers. FSU is a total reboot.

USC can win the PAC 12 next year. FSU is a decade from competing with Clemson.

Last edited:
Advertisement
He’s an excellent coach.

He is a good coach. He is 2-3 in bowl games at Penn State. Penn State will pay the guy and it makes no sense to take a lateral. He would have to figure out how to beat Swinney and if FSU is rolling up the Brinks then he has to deliver. Franklin is a Pennsylvania guy.

I don't know any other fan base that looks at a coach that averages 10 wins per year, has his team in the playoff hunt late in the season, and recruits well and says "Nah, I'm good." Franklin is a great coach. There are only a few elite coaches out there that have recruited at a high level AND won hardware. Saban, Urban, Dabo, and Jimbo are RARE. That's why only like 4 teams have won a title since 2009.

Advertisement

Florida State powerbrokers met with Penn State coach James Franklin over the weekend, Noles247 has confirmed with multiple sources.
The two sides, according to sources, did not come to terms on a deal. Our understanding is that Franklin wanted a substantial raise from his current annual salary that was beyond FSU’s comfort level at this time.
This isn’t to say that discussions between the two sides are definitely dead, but FSU didn’t feel confident about Franklin leaving the meeting. The plan was to meet with another coach, according to a source.
PSU is believed to be working on a contract extension for Franklin. It’s unclear how a potential extension will impact FSU’s negotiations with Franklin

Just wanted to weigh in on the continued rumors regarding James Franklin and Florida State after speaking to some folks on this side. I can confirm that the Seminoles have been persistent in their pursuit of Franklin, but have been told there was no meeting between the two sides this weekend. Franklin was in New York with his family on Sunday and attended Saquon Barkley’s game on Sunday afternoon. Having said that, Florida State has absolutely made him a top priority and has come after Franklin hard, but have been rebuffed.

I’m still in the camp that an extension is close to happening on this end, and that’s one that’s been in the works since the summer. As we’ve said all along, Franklin is bigger on the guarantees for the program than salary, etc., when it comes to the extension, so details are still being hammered out.

I doubt he leaves Penn St. He grew up in PA. If he did leave, it would definitely be for USC over FSU. FSU is in much worse shape than we are. At least we have an O-line that can develop. There offensive line is a reboot for the next 3 years. They're going to lose their best players to the NFL in Marvin Wilson, Tamorrion Terry,and Cam Akers. FSU is a total reboot.

USC can win the PAC 12 next year. FSU is a decade from competing with Clemson.

Manny is still the HC here. Miami is in worse shape currently. FSU booted their problem, Miami still needs 1 to 2 more seasons of complete failure from Manny before they will decide its ok to fire him.

Advertisement
Back