Nolen says that oil money be funny đź‘€

larry hagman 80s GIF

Advertisement
You're way more forgiving than I am. With the sums involved in these NIL deals, if you get be ****d to spend $10,000.00 on an attorney to read it, I just don't have any sympathy. That's just dumb as ****.

"El que juega por necesidad, pierde por obligacion."
I agree that it’s dumb as ****. It’s not that I’m necessarily forgiving but instead can easily see the ignorance, arrogance, and I’m sure often times deceit involved in a very high pressure situation.

It takes either a very clever kid or a good parent/guardian to have the wherewithal and knowledge to advise/demand that an independent lawyer take a look at and advise them.

Possibilities:

1. It comes with strings based on playing time and/or performance, and that's the fine print that makes the money far smaller or non-existent
2. The oil men in question are like JR Ewing, and some of the deals may be predatory
if it was on playing time or performance it would be in direct violation of NCAA policy so doubt it's that

more likely it was amount of years and/or stipulations of "work" that needed to be required to get the money that was kept lowkey so that players would inevitably miss the payouts

if it was on playing time or performance it would be in direct violation of NCAA policy so doubt it's that

more likely it was amount of years and/or stipulations of "work" that needed to be required to get the money that was kept lowkey so that players would inevitably miss the payouts
Ie player must make an appearance at Ewing Oil for an autograph signing in Dallas at 3:15pm, 15 minutes after A&M’s scheduled conclusion of a game 4.5 hours away at College Station.

Advertisement
You’re assuming that their Parent/handler/guardian is anymore financially literate and/or they are more than likely paid for.

It’s just as easy to think these same parents or guardians are actively steering them to these schools because they got themselves a small handful of cash.
Wasn’t it Nolan’s dad that became the teams pastor? I might be misremembering that.

If I’m running or affiliated with an up and up NIL program I’m telling my kids to consider hiring an attorney to read the language.

Not to say that solves everything 100% of the time in a world of small college town circles and ambulance chasers alike but that’s the advice I’m giving because I’m not about to be having my kids going on to air any funny money claim about my program.

Advertisement
Back