Tears Nole Tears (“Offcial”)

Advertisement
Indian Crying-fspoo.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Deion is an Ambassador for HCBU's. His reputation would take a huge hit if he abandoned all he said to uphold. Also don't think the decision makers would offer him the job. Don't think he graduated either.
Don't think people will blame him for going back to where he played. Which I think eventually he does. But if they are not gonna bankroll him, maybe he won't cuz he knows the challenge.

Deion is an Ambassador for HCBU's. His reputation would take a huge hit if he abandoned all he said to uphold. Also don't think the decision makers would offer him the job. Don't think he graduated either.
You transposed your B and C there, sir... HBCUs.

But I mostly agree he'll take a reputational hit (at least in the short run) if he bolts out of their too soon. Basically, if Deion doesn't stick for at least 3 years, some people will say he abandoned his mission to bolt for a "bigger job." He'll be viewed as just another sellout by some fans. I think the blowback is a lot less if he is successful, sticks for multiple seasons, and ends up coaching where he played, though.

I'm also not convinced those good old boys in Trailerhassee are ready to hand Deion the keys. I suspect they'll try to entice some established or up-and-coming P5 coordinator, steering clear of making the G5 HC move again (and lacking the cache to pull an established, successful P5 coach).

Advertisement
Back