Tears Nole Tears (“Offcial”)

Advertisement
But we don't go after the same caliber of guys. Let them get their guys from Charlotte while we go after guys like Mauigoa, Freeling, Kirkland, & Sanker

Somebody tell me how useless this kid is, please.

1653351810131.png

1653351895201.png

They are “gushing” on each other over there.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I’m sure most people applaud the university for using health care profits to fund their sports programs, just remember where those profits come from (insurance companies that also turn profits and taxpayers through government payments like with COVID19). It’s actually quite sad.
Shut up Chump & Log off
who is that GIF

Advertisement
1) do we know the exact amount of healthcare funds (if any) being utilized on Football/sports? Healthcare funds were never made available to football.

2) Let’s not forget how the university was able to utilize a lot of the funds generated by the football program and their success to purchase the healthcare system. The proudly flash that “U” on all of those buildings and ads made famous by the football team.

3) I will let others more knowledgeable than me get into the details on your post but this isn’t the Fvking Thread to have this conversation because it’s FVKING NOLE TEARS!!!!!!!!!

So crawl back into your hole with your assumptions!!!

@TheOriginalCane or anyone else. Set this straight, please! @Gi0logy @JD08

Link for you to go and comment on vs this thread:

Thread 'the $400M from UM Medical'
https://www.canesinsight.com/threads/the-400m-from-um-medical.174637/
Please cut the crap. That is NOT what is happening.

For YEARS, the University of Miami had to FUND the losses of UHealth with the "profits" from running the university. NOW, UHealth is running a profit of its own, and Miami no longer needs to divert money from the general operating fund to pay for UHealth losses.

Thus, we HAVE money due to UHealth's profitability, but it is money that we no longer have to divert to cover UHealth losses, and it is NOT "UHealth profits being diverted to fund the Athletic Department".

43 posts in 11 years and this is your contribution? Come on, we expect better. We expect more informed commentary. More accurate statements.

EDIT: sorry Jose, just saw your post. I think we are saying the same thing here.
I’m guessing you missed this….

I’m guessing you missed this….

I'm guessing you didn't read the article. Because the article doesn't say what you want it to say.

You really need to be banned. You are obviously a Gaytor fan who is doubling down on an article written by a Gaytor alum.

In fact, the article says EXACTLY what I said:

"But for years, operating the health system took significant resources and a financial commitment that left little for anything else. Miami lost $95 million operating the health system in 2017, according to a Securities and Exchange Commission filing obtained by The Miami Herald, before things started to turn a corner in 2018."

So who are you going to believe, a Gaytor alum writer like Andrea Adelson, or an active 3x UM alum such as myself who is familiar with UM finances over the past 35 years?

As I told you before, when UHealth lost money, UM was required to cover those losses from the general operating fund. Now that UHealth is making money, UM no longer has to divert money from the general operating fund (the money that comes from tuitiion) and we can use the general operating fund for what the general operating fund was intended for, to finance university activities such as Athletics.

Go away, Gaytor.

At a bare minimum, you need to be thread-banned for desecrating a Tears thread with your "Miami is diverting UHealth money to the Athletic Department" nonsense. @RVACane likely agrees.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I'm guessing you didn't read the article. Because the article doesn't say what you want it to say.

You really need to be banned. You are obviously a Gaytor fan who is doubling down on an article written by a Gaytor alum.

In fact, the article says EXACTLY what I said:

"But for years, operating the health system took significant resources and a financial commitment that left little for anything else. Miami lost $95 million operating the health system in 2017, according to a Securities and Exchange Commission filing obtained by The Miami Herald, before things started to turn a corner in 2018."

So who are you going to believe, a Gaytor alum writer like Andrea Adelson, or an active 3x UM alum such as myself who is familiar with UM finances over the past 35 years?

As I told you before, when UHealth lost money, UM was required to cover those losses from the general operating fund. Now that UHealth is making money, UM no longer has to divert money from the general operating fund (the money that comes from tuitiion) and we can use the general operating fund for what the general operating fund was intended for, to finance university activities such as Athletics.

Go away, Gaytor.

At a bare minimum, you need to be thread-banned for desecrating a Tears thread with your "Miami is diverting UHealth money to the Athletic Department" nonsense. @RVACane likely agrees.
I can't speak for @RVACane , but I agree.

There is so much intricacy in healthcare finance that I take offense when people spew ignorance as fact.

Advertisement
Back