Tears Nole Tears (“Offcial”)

I’m guessing you missed this….

I'Ll Murder Your Family - Semi-pro GIF - Semi Pro Will Ferrell Basketball -  Discover & Share GIFs

Advertisement

Two weeks ago collectives were cheating. Now FSU is pleading for an organized collective to try to pay for play. They see the writing on the wall otherwise.

Everyone knew Miami had money unless you were delusional. They've been cheap, there's a difference. Lol @ stealing from the healthcare system when it's their own generated revenue. They can do whatever the **** they want with it.

Sometimes what comes out of the hillbillies mouths (FSU and UF) is unbelievably stupid.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I'm guessing you didn't read the article. Because the article doesn't say what you want it to say.

You really need to be banned. You are obviously a Gaytor fan who is doubling down on an article written by a Gaytor alum.

In fact, the article says EXACTLY what I said:

"But for years, operating the health system took significant resources and a financial commitment that left little for anything else. Miami lost $95 million operating the health system in 2017, according to a Securities and Exchange Commission filing obtained by The Miami Herald, before things started to turn a corner in 2018."

So who are you going to believe, a Gaytor alum writer like Andrea Adelson, or an active 3x UM alum such as myself who is familiar with UM finances over the past 35 years?

As I told you before, when UHealth lost money, UM was required to cover those losses from the general operating fund. Now that UHealth is making money, UM no longer has to divert money from the general operating fund (the money that comes from tuitiion) and we can use the general operating fund for what the general operating fund was intended for, to finance university activities such as Athletics.

Go away, Gaytor.

At a bare minimum, you need to be thread-banned for desecrating a Tears thread with your "Miami is diverting UHealth money to the Athletic Department" nonsense. @RVACane likely agrees.
I can't speak for @RVACane , but I agree.

There is so much intricacy in healthcare finance that I take offense when people spew ignorance as fact.
The proof that this narrative was and is non-sense is going to come in the next couple of years. Health systems are getting crushed on soaring labor costs and reduced insurance/government payouts. This is not some pot at the end of the rainbow funded by Covid and the government. Yet, despite knowing this and these projections, the school is still spending $100m or whatever on a new athletic facility plus other stuff that has not been announced.

I’m sure most people applaud the university for using health care profits to fund their sports programs, just remember where those profits come from (insurance companies that also turn profits and taxpayers through government payments like with COVID19). It’s actually quite sad.
I’m feeling nostalgic today, even though this isn’t Gator Tears. @IndayArtHauz thoughts??? Are you feeling hungry, my fine finned friend?

F989B175-3682-4E54-A26B-CEEB2D3B0E34.gif

Advertisement
The proof that this narrative was and is non-sense is going to come in the next couple of years. Health systems are getting crushed on soaring labor costs and reduced insurance/government payouts. This is not some pot at the end of the rainbow funded by Covid and the government. Yet, despite knowing this and these projections, the school is still spending $100m or whatever on a new athletic facility plus other stuff that has not been announced.
We could try and explain it to the guy in a way he'd understand, but I'm pretty sure that instead of listening, he'd just eat the crayons.

Advertisement

I agree. You and @JD08 are super-knowledgeable on the issue of healthcare revenues and current developments. I once worked for a publicly-traded healthcare company, but that was back in the early 2000s, I'm sure a lot has changed since then.

I think the fact remains, UM is no longer subsidizing UHealth's losses with the UM general operating fund. And "capital" expenditures usually come from fund-raising. So I'm very optimistic with where UM Athletics will be soon (financially), regardless of whether UHealth can sustain the record profitability.

I’m sure most people applaud the university for using health care profits to fund their sports programs, just remember where those profits come from (insurance companies that also turn profits and taxpayers through government payments like with COVID19). It’s actually quite sad.
Dennis Haysbert Shut Up GIF

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back