Tears Nole Tears (“Offcial”)

This guy gets it...

1714784417723.png

Advertisement
Basically “we’re them and they’re us,” AKA any other argument either of those UF or FSU clowns have when they’re scared. Miami is loading up in the portal and has consecutive Top 10 HS classes, and it terrifies them, because they know there isn’t anything they can do to stop the rise.

And it’s hilarious to watch as that reality sets in ☠️

Advertisement
They did what a lot of teams do when they hire a new coach and purged their roster. They took a ton of transfers and had some short term success but they didn’t recruit well and their long term issues eventually surfaced.

I’m a fan of the portal. I want Miami to use the portal to fill spots and upgrade positions where recruiting hasn’t done the job. But I don’t think it’s a good idea to build your roster through the portal long term.

Looking at 247 rankings they are the inversion of what we're doing. They are currently top 5 portal and rank 12th in HS recruits while we are top 5 in HS recruits and 12th in the portal. I like our approach better.

Yea they got a bunch of high school players who never materialized and missed on the top 5 transfer QBs and had to settle for a guy who has looked mid at every stop. They have also whiffed numerous times on the portal trail. I would have given them a C+ at best and that would be based off high school potential but A+ is laughable.
The thing that makes it not credible is that it is all pure conjecture. They are rating players who haven't played a down of college football ahead of players with experience. Just look at Cam Ward. According to 247Sports, he's the #3 QB ranked QB in the portal behind Julian Sayin and Dante Moore. Saying hasn't played a down of college football. Moore played, but wasn't very good. You also have Jason Zandamela as the #7 overall transfer player. Hasn't played a down of football and won't see the field in 2024.

So, what is this transfer ranking supposed to represent? It's just a bunch of BS as there is no empirical data to compare players. There's no standard criteria for ranking players.

Someone tell me how you keep a scorecard for a guy like Cam Ward with 2 years of Power 5 experience and the stats to go with it against a guy with no stats and another with worse stats.

I wouldn't even call that transfer ranking a metric. You want the transfer rankings to keep a scorecard of what teams are getting the best players that will make an impact in the current year. It measures nothing. It tells you nothing. You can't rate experienced players against players who haven't played. Anyone who thinks they can, show me the formula.

Apply what I said to that portal team ranking. FSU has a bunch of unproven transfers with little experience, yet you have CBS handing out A+ grades. Based on what? Anyone trying to rank them is just going off of some high school rankings that are flawed in itself. With experienced players, you at least have game film that you can analyze. There has to be a criteria of minimum game reps to even try to rank transfer players.

To sum it up, the transfer rankings from all sources are complete BS. They're click bate to generate revenue to the websites.

FSU can jerk themselves off on their transfer ranking all they want. We have the better QB that they wanted. We have transfers with proven production. Advantage Miami.

Last edited:
Funny how NONE of the kids that they highlight in these clips have DONE ANYTHING of SUBSTANCE at their previous schools, but are SO GOOD(“potentially”) for their new schools???? Make it make sense…Most of the production that they speak of was in/from HIGH SCHOOL…Lol 😂😭🤣
Mike Norvell, coaching in song, will elevate these players to new heights. The FSU fans proclaim it.

FLORIDA STATE IS A MUSICAL

Advertisement
Looking at 247 rankings they are the inversion of what we're doing. They are currently top 5 portal and rank 12th in HS recruits while we are top 5 in HS recruits and 12th in the portal. I like our approach better.
I was talking about Michigan State.

I would argue that a team like FSU should be given a poor transfer portal grade. They took a bunch of guys who, at one time, were high level recruits. But they haven’t managed to actually play at their original schools so what does that make them? Busts. They signed half of Alabama’s third team and think those guys are going to come in and make an impact. If those guys could play, why were they buried on Bama’s depth chart? When upper echelons programs like Alabama allow guys to transfer out it’s because they didn’t feel those players were worth keeping. Either for roster reasons or NIL budgets. Regardless, they are players who Alabama felt were expendable.

Advertisement
I get that no matter what fsu does, we’re gonna **** on it. And no matter what we do, they’re gonna **** on it.

But I genuinely can’t understand how you can say FSU has an A+ portal haul.

Over the last 2 years, they signed proven kids from the portal. Even if they were making a jump up in completion, they were ballers. Verse was dominant at Albany, Fiske was dominant, Coleman was already a Day 2 pick at MSU, Bell was a proven commodity, Cypress was one of the top 2-3 corners available. I will say they hit on kids who hadn’t produced, like Benson and Wilson.

But who did they get this year who is anywhere close to most of the kids above? All know DJ is above average and nothing more. Benson has literally done zero. Earl Little, zero. Jalen Brown, zero. Marvin jones, zero. Shawn Murphy, zero. The Oregon state DL has had production. Roydell Williams has played some good ball. But that’s it. The rest of these dudes are totally unproven. Maybe they turn them into nfl players like Benson and Wilson. But I’ll take my chances.

“they’ve lost at least a 5 star from last class”

**checks notes**

Donald Trump GIF by Election 2016

I actually saw that on Reddit yesterday as well and they were called out. Must be the new propaganda making its rounds.

Advertisement
Thanks.

Perhaps, if their entire D gave it a go, that one play where a tiny white guy named “Ladd” ran around their entire defense (to the tune of the Benny Hill song) and scored to make it 35-3 halfway through the 2d quarter, might not have happened. But I don’t think the outcome of the game would’ve been much different.

White Cat Hello GIF

Advertisement
Back